Health and Human Services
The Department of Health and Human Service (HHS) was established in May 4, 1980. It serves as the nations principal agency for protecting the health of all Americans, and providing essential human services. The leader of this bureaucratic position is today Kathleen Sebelius.
- Providing essential human services
- Protect the health of Americans
- Conduct and support a variety of programs to provide assistance and support to people with disabilities
- Support research activities or clinical studies looking into the causes and effects of disabilities
- Direct provider of health services for many American Indian and Alaska Native Americans
- Ensure compliance with civil rights laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disabilities