B5 Transitional Three's Ms. Meghan
- Next weeks theme: I Can Express My Feelings
- Letters of the week: I and J
- February 9th: Registration opens to currently enrolled families (Don't Miss This!!!)
- Valentines Exchange: February 9 - 11
Reminders / Notes
- We did not nap on Tuesday and Thursday this week. We were able to add a lot of additional learning time into our day. We will continue to try napping on Wednesday and Friday. My thoughts are that my 4 day friends will have 2 good rest days. I will keep working on this and adjusting as needed. Thank you for your understanding.
- Please review the Arrival and Dismissal section in the Parent Handbook. My copy of this is on page 6. Thank you for your help with this.
- We will do a Class Valentines Exchange the week of February 9 -11. We will be decorating bags for our Valentines. We use this as another way to work on letter recognition by putting the Valentines in each friends bag. See the class list below. We have 12 boys.
- Registration: For 4 Days, stop by the desk on Tuesday 2/9, 3 Days stop by the desk on Wednesday 2/10, 2 Days stop by the desk on Thursday 2/11, Not sure what you want, stop by the desk Friday 2/12. If you have questions please call 972-238-7289.
- WOW!!! We had another amazing week! I am so proud of all my friends!
What We Are Working on This Month
- Shape: Triangle
- Color: Blue
- Counting: 3 (3 sides and 3 points)
- Bible Verse / Song: "Christ lives in me." Galatians 2:20
- Frog Street Press: Triangle (A.K.A. Trixie Triangle)
- Calendar: January, season, daily weather observations, days of the week song.
What We Did This Week
- We enjoyed the tent, letter construction G and H, keys in the sensory table, legos on the light table, Little Pet Shop, letter sorting: holes yes or no, puzzles, crayons, markers, color stick matching, stretching bands on pegs, stickers, a science tray making: a rainbow chemical reaction and pop beads in our centers.
- We all got to throw snowballs. We have some friends that have very good arms. I see some Baseball players in the future.
- We had our weekly Blue Hall story time on Thursday. My Friends are great listeners.
- For Art, we made a chemical reaction ( A Sparkly Explosion)This is my favorite science experiment and we used oil pastels on newsprint Tuesday. We painted with glitter paint on the letter G on Wednesday. We glued hearts on the letter H Thursday. Friday we painted with spray bottles filled with liquid watercolors . We had so much fun this week!!!
- We read: "Triangle", "Gus the Goat", "Hippo Hop", "The Snowy Day", "I Love you Night and Day", "Alphablock", "Little Penguin gets the hiccups", "I Don't want to be a frog", "My new friend is so fun!", "Mustache Baby", "Good News, Bad News", "Don't let the pigeon stay up late!", "This book just ate my dog!" and "Goldilocks and the three dinosaurs!". Our favorite book this week was "Alphablock"
Link to our Shutterfly site:
Class List for Valentine Exchange