WEEKLY AVIATOR UPDATE
December 17 - 22, 2018
coming up next:
Dec. 21: DW No School
From the Nurse's Office: IT’S THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN…..
** Remember your children should remain at home until they are fever/vomiting/diarrhea free for a full 24 hours without fever-reducing medication before coming back to school.
Hamilton County Public Health Department keeps schools updated on current illnesses happening throughout the county. The Health Department is currently seeing cases of hand, foot and mouth disease and pertussis throughout the county. Flu season is also right around the corner so it is important to be aware of signs and symptoms to protect your child and others. As always, Sycamore Community Schools likes to keep families aware of precautions to take to keep our students and families healthy this time of year.
● Frequent handwashing for at least 20 seconds
● Covering the mouth and nose with the inner elbow when sneezing and coughing
● Staying home from school or work when ill until you are fever/vomiting/diarrhea free for 24 hours without fever reducing medication.
● Avoiding close contact with sick people
● The health departments strongly recommends up-to-date Tdap vaccination and Flu shots - which are still available
The following are resource links for each illnesses mentioned. Please take the time to review signs and symptoms and consult your School Nurse or physician if you have any questions.
Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease= https://www.cdc.gov/hand-foot-mouth/about/index.html
TREX RECYCLING CHALLENGE!
The Sycamore High School Environmental Club is partnering with Trex recycling to collect and recycle plastic packaging. The contest runs from November 15-April 15, 2019. Collection boxes are out now at school entrances for events and at the front entrance of the high school on regular school days. We can accept the following types if plastic:
- Grocery bags
- Ziplock and other reclosable bags
- Bread bags
- Case overwrap (plastic around cases of beverages)
- Dry cleaning bags
- Newspaper sleeves
- Ice bags
- Wood pellet bags
- Produce bags
- Bubble Wrap
- Salt pellet bags
- Cereal bags
All plastic must be clean, dry and free of food
If you have any question, please contact faculty adviser Mr. Hochstrasser at hochstrasserr@sycamoreschools. org