Moana Jr. Day 1!
SKY CAST- 7/12/2021
You can change the language of this email by scrolling to the bottom and using google translate.
Hi Moana Jr. campers and families,
It's finally here! We kicked off Broadway Bound 2021 this morning and our staff was incredibly excited to get to work with the campers.
After making sure the students (all 200+ of them!) knew what cast they were part of and where to meet, directors introduced themselves and hit the ground running with vocal and choreography rehearsals.
After their lunch break, the cast rejoined and began staging the opening of the show. By the time the day came to a close, they had completed staging for the beginning of the show and were able to run through it a couple times.
It's already looking really strong, we can't wait to see what the campers do tomorrow and the rest of the week!
Be sure to check out our recap video below!
Camp Dates and Times:
Monday, July 12th - Friday, July 16th from 9 am - 4 pm
Monday, July 19th - Friday, July 23rd from 9 am - 4 pm
PERFORMANCE: Saturday, July 24th at 7 pm
TOMORROW IS DISNEY DAY! Wear your favorite Disney gear or dress up like your favorite character!
A couple reminders for campers and parents while preparing to come to the school each day:
1. PENCILS & HIGHLIGHTERS - We don't have enough pencils and highlighters to supply each camper every day. Therefore, we ask campers to please remember to bring multiple with them in their clear bins everyday to take notes in their scripts.
2. CLOSE TOED SHOES - Campers will need their jazz shoes for performances and dress rehearsals. However, if they haven't received them yet we do still ask that they wear close toed shoes everyday so they can move effectively in rehearsals.
3. DRESS CODE - We ask that students keep in mind dress code when getting ready for camp everyday. Clothes like crop tops, short shorts, and other items can distract a performer in rehearsal if they are having to adjust themselves while practicing.
4. ORDERING LUNCH - Campers aren't able to order meals from any delivery services to the school for lunch as we can't guarantee it will come at the right time and our staff is unable to deliver orders from delivery drivers to campers. Please pack a meal when preparing for camp each morning.
Please encourage campers to rehearse what they learn here when they go home in their free time. Our choreographers will be filming themselves doing the dances and we will be sending it out later to help campers practice!
How to prepare for Camp!
- Your Clear Bin with the following supplies below
- A Reusable Water Bottle that is unique and clearly marked with your child's name.
- Movement Clothes! You will be dancing a lot throughout the day.
- Jazz Shoes or Tennis Shoes for movement.
- A packed lunch that will not go bad (with appropriate silverware). There will be no microwaves this year as this is a high-touch surface.
- A Mask
- Sun Screen - in the event we can spend time outdoors.
- A Hat/Sunglasses - in the event we can spend time outdoors.
Director of Health and Safety - Medication
She will be available throughout camp to help with all of your child's physical and emotional needs.
Pick-Up and Drop Off - NEW PROCEDURES
PICK-UP: 3:45 - 4:15 - Pick Up will occur in front of the Main Lobby. Students will be individually released to the cars to prevent students from crossing in front of traffic.
Early Pick-up/Late Drop-Off
Please do not call us; email is the MOST effective way to get in touch with us.
How do I purchase tickets?
Additionally, instructions on how to purchase will be in this email.
Tickets will go on sale to you on Monday, July 12th, and to the public on July 13th.
If you have questions about purchasing tickets or accessing your ticket codes, please email Ian Underhill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will allow up to 600 audience members per performance so that tickets will be open to the general public, and there will be no limit on how many tickets you can purchase.
Email Communication Always Preferred
WHAT TO BRING
We request that all students bring their materials in a clear bin. No book bags. This allows us to help students quickly and efficiently find materials. Additionally, the clear bin is a great way for students to store things in a tidy way. Would you please not bring book bags to the program? We strongly recommend a large enough bin to fit a folder, a lunch box, shoes, make-up, and misc. Items.
Here is the Link we are recommending from Amazon.
Please make sure that your child has Jazz Shoes ready to go for the first day of Camp! We highly recommend you buy these early. While we will be providing a costume for every student, we do not provide shoes. Please visit Amazon and type in "JAZZ SHOE." They can be either tan or black. HERE IS A LINK TO SOME JAZZ SHOES ONLINE
Please steer clear of anything with nuts, as we have a few students with severe nut allergies.