FHS Open Campus Policy
February 11, 2021
SMART Hour Open Campus - Start Date 2.17.21
Hello Fraser Families:
We hope you will read this letter with care, share it with your child, and discuss any implications this may have for your family. We have been allowing our students to leave campus since January 2011. At this time we will start allowing students this privledge for SMART hour ONLY. Fraser High School students who would like the flexibility to leave campus must meet the following criteria:
- Students must be in 11th or 12th grade.
- Students MUST have an 80% (or earning credit in a CR/NC class) in all classes.
- Students MUST have their student ID.
- Students cannot leave if they have been denied by an administrator for discipline reasons.
- If students decide to not leave they must stay in their class and operate under normal school policies
- Students may only exit from the Main Office or the Klein doors. Failure to do so will be considered skipping.
- Students’ parents/guardians must fill out the parent consent form to give permission. If parents/guardians have filled this out previously, then there is no need to fill it out again.
- This privilege can be revoked for any reason by parent/guardian, teacher, or administrator.
- Parents/guardians will be notified via email when their child enters and exits the building.
You have the right to set expectations for your son or daughter and to decide whether you choose to permit your child to have the opportunity to leave our campus during designated times. We emphasize our belief that it is appropriate for parents to take into consideration such factors as: your child’s driving record, the quality of your child’s decision making, and the degree to which your child regularly demonstrates responsible behavior within the family, school, and community.
You do not have to give your child the opportunity to have open campus privileges. It is important to set reasonable expectations; open campus is a privilege students must earn and can have taken away by school or parent/guardian at any time. If you want your child to have the privilege of leaving campus during the designated times, please complete the parental consent form by going to: https://form.jotform.com/210414362419044
Not completing the form is your way of stating that your child does not have open-campus privilege. This privilege will follow your child throughout their time at Fraser High School so there will be no reason to renew the form annually. Again at anytime you can revoke the privilege by contacting the high school.
Ryan Sines, Ed.S.
Principal of Fraser High School