The Preschool Press
November 19, 2021
A Note From the Director
This week we made preparations for our Thanksgiving celebrations taking place next week. We talked about all the blessings we have from God and donated our Blizzard Bags to Meals on Wheels. We enjoyed playing outside in the fall weather and practicing Christmas songs for the programs!
If you have leftover Halloween candy we would love for you to donate to ECDC! We use the candy for the children to decorate gingerbread houses in December. (Hard candy such as Starbursts, Skittles, Smarties, suckers, etc. is preferred as chocolate melts and does not work well on the houses.)
Next Week at a Glance
Raccoon and Bee Friendsgiving
Raccoon and Bee Friendsgiving
Otter, Owl, Frog Thanksgiving Feasts
ECDC Christmas Programs
What to Wear:
The children have been assigned specific costumes for each class. All costumes are provided by ECDC. Please send your child to school in a WHITE SHIRT and regular uniform bottoms.
We ask that girls refrain from any big bow or headbands as many of the costumes will include headpieces. Please also refrain from any patterned tights or leggings, and follow ECDC shoe guidelines.
Please feel free to reach out to the ECDC office or your child's teacher if you have any questions.
Advent Wreath Workshop
All are invited to our annual Advent Wreath Workshop hosted on Sunday, Nov. 28 at 1 p.m. in Fletcher Hall. The cost is $25 per family and includes a live wreath courtesy of Graceful Blooms Flower Truck, candles and decorations. There will also be a Rosary making station and craft table for children. With a limited number of seats and wreaths available for this workshop, make sure and reserve your spot today! Click HERE to register.
Advent by Candlelight
We are pleased to announce the in-person return of Advent by Candlelight on Thursday, Dec. 2, featuring Sarah Swafford. All women of the parish are invited to join us in the Marquette Vision Gym at 7 p.m. for a beautiful evening of fellowship, a talk and desserts.
If you are interested in hosting a table, please contact Women's Ministry leader Meg Otterstrom at 918-889-7876.
8th Grade Santa Breakfast
Volunteering and VIRTUS
What you need to do:
- First, VIRTUS Child & Youth Protection Requirements have three components: 1.) the background check submission 2.) adherence to policies, procedures, and ethical standards, and 3.) the child & youth protection education training. Each component needs to be renewed every five years.
- Registration for First-time Users:
- Visit www.virtusonline.org.
- Select “First-Time Registrant” to create an online VIRTUS account.
- Follow the onscreen step-by-step instructions for completing the process. We require all volunteers to start this process no later than two week before the date of volunteering.
- Update Existing Account:
- Registered volunteers are encouraged to login at the beginning of every school year to ensure that all personal information is correct. Upon login, your account will prompt you to complete any necessary requirements. Automated emails are sent through VIRTUS approximately one week before they expire. Please ensure that the registered email address is correct.
2021-2022 Marquette School Theme
“Joy, with peace, is the sister of charity. Serve the Lord with laughter.”
– SAINT PADRE PIO