WMS Friday Forecast
November 13, 2020 - Week 13
To read this newsletter in a language other than English, please click on the "Translate Newsletter" link on the upper right-hand side of this page.
Para leer este boletín en otro idioma que no sea el inglés, por favor haga clic en el enlace "Traducir el boletín" en la parte superior derecha de esta página.
Included in EACH edition of the Friday Forecast - links will be added as needed
Today is the last day to choose which option you want for the second semester (starting in January)... remote or hybrid. It is VITAL that you complete this form today. I can probably leave the form open through Saturday, but that's about it.
Here are directions from the district:
The District is beginning to plan for the second semester. To assist our schools in planning, please use THIS LINK that will take you to the 2020-2021 second semester student attendance selection form. You will login using your HAC credentials. Please complete a form for every child in your household who attends District 303 schools by Friday, November 13. This is your opportunity to choose for your children to remain in the same attendance mode or to change to a new mode (in-person/hybrid or fully remote) for the second half of the school year.
I appreciate your help in getting this completed. We cannot begin to rebuild our schedule until we know who is attending hybrid or remote.
1st Quarter Honor Roll
PLEASE NOTE: We may have some children who earn Honor Roll status but their name is not included on this list. This is because their parents have requested their children's names NOT be published, which includes being published as part of the Honor Roll here or in the newspapers. Changes to this request can be made either in the Home Access Center or with Student Services.
Congratulations to all of our RedHawks who worked hard throughout our 1st quarter of this school year. A special shout out goes to those who were able to achieve Honor Roll status by earning either all A's or all A's and B's. All A's are on one tab, AB's are on another! See the bottom of the page to switch tabs.
Students achieving Honor Roll status received a ribbon and gift from the PTO. Remote families whose students achieved Honor Roll status can pick up their items in the Wredling Main Office.
How to Get a Replacement Charger Cord
- Your student tells the LRC staff that they need a new charger cord. The LRC will add the fee to the student's PushCoin account. The student can then let the LRC know the charger has been paid for, either by showing the paid receipt or asking the LRC to check on their account. ONCE THE FEE IS PAID, the charger will be given to the student.
- Your student tells YOU that they need a new charger cord. You pay the $20.00 fee on PushCoin. It is located under Chromebook fees. The student can then let the LRC know the charger has been paid for, either by showing the paid receipt or asking the LRC to check on their account. ONCE THE FEE IS PAID, the charger will be given to the student.
7th and 8th Grade Students
Do you like to write? Have a story you are really proud of? A poem that you wrote this past year? Maybe an essay or report that is awesome?
Submit it to the 42nd Annual AAUW Creative Writing Contest!
Please follow THIS LINK for more details. You can submit your entry anytime AFTER November 30, 2020 and BEFORE February 3, 2021.
Click this button for the most recent news from our 6th Grade Teams
Last Call for Fall pictures!!
DEADLINE IS 11/25 to submit! Yearbook club goal is to collect 500 fall pictures!!! Please submit any pictures you have from the following categories:
- students with pets
- student community service
- sports, clubs, activities
- first day of school
- new hobbies
- unique birthday celebrations
- outdoor dining
- students with front line heroes
- students with veterans (parents, grandparents, or relatives)
- remote learning environments
- Pictures can be shared through the Google drive or email at Timothy.Massie@d303.org OR
- CLICK THE IMAGE BELOW (computer or smartphone) and use access code - redhawks)
BIG HEARTS HOLIDAY TOY DRIVE
Student ID Expectations for Middle Schools
D303 has clear expectations that all middle school students wear their IDs at all times. If a student does not have an ID, they will need to purchase a new one for $5 in the LRC. The $5 will be charged to your child's PushCoin account. This can add up very quickly if a student does not have their ID several times. Please talk to your child about showing responsibility by wearing his/her ID/lanyard at all times, and understand the financial implications of having to buy replacement ID/lanyards.
- Students received 1 ID and can get 1 additional ID for free.
- Students received 1 lanyard and can get 1 additional lanyard for free.
WANTED: WREDLING PTO VICE PRESIDENT
REMOTE ACADEMY ATTENDANCE
Your student will receive an unexcused absence in these circumstances.
- Student is NOT logged in and participating in their synchronous learning sessions
- Student is logged in but is unresponsive
- Student logs in but doesn't stay in session. (Ex. Logs in for 10 minutes, then leaves)
Remote Academy Learning Resources
Welcome to remote learning! Remember that remote students have classes every day. Below are resources for our full remote learners:
You can check the attendance for any of your students at any time by logging into the Home Access Center and clicking on the attendance tab to view. Toggle between students using the arrow in the upper right hand corner.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call the main office at (331) 228-3100! We are here to help!
Parent University: Technology Talk
Parent University was developed in response to the need for programming to address the social and emotional needs of students in District 303. Over the last decade, the district has strived to provide information on topics that are relevant, timely, and beneficial for all parents and guardians.
November 2, 2020
Join us for three Parent University sessions to help you familiarize yourself with the digital platforms teachers use in the district: Seesaw, Google Classroom, and Schoology. Each digital platform will have its own 30-minute session. Sessions will be organized as follows:
Use this form to sign up!
ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS NEWSLETTER IS CURRENT AS OF THE PUBLICATION DATE. NEW INFORMATION WILL BE ADDRESSED IN FUTURE NEWSLETTERS.