February 15, 2016
Accelerated Reader Tally
Markus - 915, 694 Words Read
Sherren - 819, 731 Words Read
Eckley - 759, 020 Words Read
Hill- 10, 300 Words Read
Chapple/Marston - 10, 134 Words Read
Top 10 Upper Grade Students
- Kassandra Nunez-Lopez - 262, 263 (Baker Nash)
- Angel Coleman - 248, 687 (Baker Nash)
- Ishmael Solwazi - 194, 527 (Eckley)
- Nevaeh Wilson - 185, 382 (Baker Nash)
- Jeremiah Williams - 183, 400 (Baker Nash)
- Isaiah West- 175, 736 (Markus)
- Xavier Moreno- 173, 604 (Baker Nash)
- Miriam Angulo - 120, 332 (Sherren)
- Roseyln Gonzale Contreras - 116, 692 (Sherren)
- Sebastian Drumer - 98, 078 (Baker Nash)
Top 5 Primary Students
- David Tapia- 8, 862 (Hill)
- David Castaneda- 6, 834 (Chapple)
- Alexis Musselwhite- 1, 167 (Chapple)
- Wysdom Owens- 974 (Hill)
- Allen Owens- 880 (Chapple)
Mrs Lyon and Ms Dosa and the Ann Martin team for all your support of Howard students.
Mrs Brown for all that you do.
Mr. Sherren for installing the projector in Portable 5 on the ceiling
Ms. Brown for her cheerful attitude every day.
Mr. Grey for helping our new student calm down in the morning.
Mrs. Novak for always being helpful with resources and expertise
Mr. Carranza for great resources for Inclusion
Ms. Willie for keeping this school beautiful
Ms. Novak for sharing some strategies for behavior management.
Ms. Owens for working with some of the 4th-grade students after school with math tutoring
Please let me know if you have a shout out you would like to see in our Howard
Instructional Focus and Look For for the Week
Clear Student Friendly Content-Language Objectives
- Separate PE Schedules should be posted in all classrooms and uploaded to your google drive folder.
- Supply orders should be submitted via email to Mrs. Ratcliff and Ms. Williams.
- To ensure student safety, it is important that all staff report to yard duty on time.
Week at a Glance
Williams Coaching Day
Cost Meeting 11 to 12
Williams Office Day
Williams Off Site in the afternoon
Staff PD 2 to 3:30
Williams Off Site Principal PD
Farmers Market 12 to 5:30
Inclusion Task Force Meeting 4 to 6
Williams Coaching Day
Important Upcoming Dates
Math Assessment Testing Window 2/22 to 3/4
Springboard Summer School Meeting-2/24
Howard Family Art Night- 2/24
Howard Community Day - 2/27
Instructional Support Staff Meeting 3/2
Odds and Ends
- Please submit attendance by 10:30 am daily
- Personal leave days must be requested 3 days in advance by completing a B form and submitting to Mrs Ratcliff.
- Incident reports should be filled out and submitted to the office for all head and major injuries (Incident reports do not go home).
- Ouch reports should be filled out and sent home for all minor injuries.
- Sign in and out daily with arrival and departure times.
- All independent study requests must be referred to Mrs Gross.