By Andrew Utesch
- Anxiety disorders are the most common mental illness in the U.S.
- Only about one third of those who suffer from anxiety disorders receive treatment.
- Anxiety disorders cost about $42 billion a year in the U.S.
- Anxiety disorders develop from a complicated set of risk factors that include genetics, brain chemistry, personality, and life events.
- Anxiety disorders affect 25% of teens.
- Women are more commonly affected by anxiety disorders than men.
- Only 1 in 5 teens who suffer from anxiety will pursue help.
- People who suffer from anxiety are prone to suffer from depression at the same time.
- Some symptoms of anxiety are constant anger, trouble sleeping and eating, low energy, use of alcohol or drugs, or thoughts of suicide.
- Anxiety can be treated. GET HELP!