Increasing Engagement and Rigor
December 12, 2020 Virtual PD
Online Registration is Below
Strategies for Increasing Engagement and Rigor During Pandemic Teaching
December 12, 2020
9AM to 12 PM Central Time Zone
During the pandemic, it has been challenging to get students to share their thinking, both virtually and in-person, given the limitations of social distancing and wearing a mask. Since learning is a result of thinking, we need to be intentional about the instructional strategies we use to impact student learning. In this session, participants will learn specific strategies to get students thinking at the analysis level and sharing thinking through innovative classroom discussions. We will explore specific, proven instructional strategies that engage students in reasoning through making inferences, comparing, and examining errors. You will be able to easily implement the strategies for both core instruction and interventions. Best of all, your students will be motivated to make their thinking visible!
Benefits of Attending
- Learn how to activate and build your students' background knowledge.
- Determine when to use specific strategies based on whether the concept or skill is new or being deepened.
- Learn specific steps for each strategy.
- Provide clear success criteria and specific checks for understanding.
- Increase the amount of formative data you and your students use to guide and evaluate learning.
- Use errors in procedural knowledge and reasoning to help students realize their own misconceptions and misconceptions.
- Ask two exit questions each lesson that will show both you and your students if the student has achieved the daily learning target and made connections to the essential learning for the unit of study.
- Use the strategies in any content area and in any grade level.
- Plan when and how students should compare, elaborate, and make and support inferences and claims.
- Receive ready-to-use slide decks for each strategy.
"I was not expecting to get this MUCH from an online seminar and have to be honest that I was dreading today. But I took pages of notes FULL of ideas. I'm leaving with a very full brain (in a good way). I loved Kelly's enthusiasm and personal touches." - Nicole, NH
"It was great! There were lots of take aways that can be implemented immediately." -Yvonne, TX
About The Presenter
$50 per attendee
Credit card via online payment. We will send you a link to pay after your registration is submitted. Payment must be received 1 day prior to the seminar to complete your registration.
Call (210) 218-1723
You can register online below.
For more information, please call our office @ 210-218-1723
Professional Learning credit is earned after the seminar is completed. A certificate will be email to each participant after final survey is submitted.