ways to keep healthy and fit!
ideas to get you started on keeping active
- Keep healthy by eating lots of fruit; you could add dried fruit into your cereal or breakfast
- Keep active, do whatever you can to stay up on your feet; you could walk or cycle to school or work
- Drink, drink and drink! Make sure you stay hydrated; especially if you are exercising! You need up to two litres a day of water!
- Have less salt and saturated fat; have less fizzy drinks and chocolates
- Eat more food that have starch; such as pasta and potatoes
- Have a portion of fish each week; oily fish are the best for you
- Never skip a meal! all meals are just as important as each other
- Try not to snack between meals; if you are hungry have an apple or a fruit that is high in natural sugar
What and Where?
- Carbohydrates: Pasta, rice, bread, natural sugars and potatoes
- Protein: Eggs, meat, fish, dairy, beans and pulses
- Fat: Butter, dairy, margarine, oils and nuts
- Vitamins (A,D,B&C): Fruit, vegetables, oils, dairy, egg yolk, orange vegetables & citrus fruits
- Minerals: Dairy, dark green vegetables and dark chocolate
- Water: Fruit and water based drinks
- Fibre: Oats, starch, flour, corn, whole grain cereals and vegetables