Roberts Middle School
What is the question that heroes ask?
What is the question that all superheroes ask themselves? Have you ever caught a superhero asking the question, “How can I do the least to get what I want?” We as a society pay so much money to watch our favorite fictional characters risk life and death to save the world. At times we have probably imagined ourselves in these various fictional roles. What superhuman qualities do these fictional characters possess? All superheroes choose to embrace the question, “What is the most I can do to get what I want?” Unfortunately, to be a superhero, you have to deliberately practice. A superhero is never built over night. It is the actions of superheroes that define them.
Teachers, we have a unique opportunity to serve our students that need a hero the most. We have to challenge ourselves by learning the best practices in teaching. You have to have a growth mindset to be a true hero. If you want to make a positive difference in schools, take deliberate action and model the way. When the time comes for you to be a hero, you will find that you are ready to face the challenge.
This Friday is Patriot Day at Roberts. We will acknowledge all heroes by wearing our favorite superhero shirts.
At Roberts we support all the heroes that put on a uniform each and everyday.
7 Steps to a Language-Rich Interactive Classroom
Teachers, we will be visiting your classrooms looking for the following:
- Substitute Folders
- Sentence Stems (3 week focus)
- Labor Day
- 10:15-11:13 6th Grade Social Studies PLC
- 12:53-1:51 5th Grade Social Studies PLC
- 1:55-2:53 5th Grade Math PLC
- 2:57-3:55 6th Grade Math PLC
- 10:15-11:13 5th Grade Science PLC
- 12:53-1:51 6th Grade Science PLC
- 1:55-2:53 6th Grade Reading PLC
- 2:57-3:55 5th Grade Reading PLC
- Roberts' Open House
- 5:30 5th Grade
- 6:30 6th Grade
- Book Fair
- RTI Training during Conference Periods
- Patriot Day
- Teachers & students can wear their favorite superhero shirt with jeans (preferably Captain America)
Notes and suggestions from Small Group Faculty Meeting
- 8:30 goal
- Silent Reading is a good tool to use from 8:15 - 8:30
- Student trading between teachers is fine (goal is mastery)
- 5th grade Destination Time teachers who are willing can give tours to students to help them learn the best route to class
- We will try our best to keep breakfast out of your rooms
- We will start tardies on Wednesday because of 5th grade
- Administration team will be looking at a better flow map for tardy stations
- Administration team will be out as always monitoring hallways
- We will focus on staircases where students are horse playing
- We will be researching a plan to make the overflow of bus riders better for all parties
Roberts Social Gathering (Save the Date)
Friday, Oct. 9th, 4:30pm
RSVPs are enabled for this event.