by Jess Murphy 7e
Skill Related Components
Health Related Components
1. A short 10 - 15 minute jog to improve cardiovascular endurance and speed
2. Stretch to make sure you don't pull a muscle e.g. Star jumps, squats, lunges.
A light run.
You stand straight and ten with an explosive movement you spring up stretching your hands and legs out like a star.
Stand up straight with your arms in front of you then squat down as if you are sitting on a chair.
Games, Skill and Fitness Activities
1. Practise throwing and catching. Divide into pairs and throw a ball between the pairs at a 10 - 20 metre distance. Repeat for about 5 minutes to improve muscular endurance.
2. Practise dodging. Divide into groups of 3. Have 1 person throw the ball at another person who then has to dodge, the 3rd person is then standing behind the dodger and catches the ball. Switch places. Repeat until each person has had a minute in each role.
3. Practise sidestepping around a course of cones in a zigzag pattern to improve agility.
4. Play a short 10 - 15 minute game of dodge ball.
1. A short 5 - 10 minute Jog.
2. Stretch, a bit less energy required though, e.g. touch your toes, hand to foot stretch, "v" stretch.
Touch your Toes
Sit down and stretch your arms forward to as far as you can reach towards your toes.
Hand to Foot Stretch
Stand up with your arms and legs stretched out like a star reach down and touch one foot then stand up and repeat with other.
Sit on the floor with your legs like the picture and lean forward to stretch your calf muscles.