February 16, 2018
Message from Dr. Kaminski
We have had a tremendous and busy week at BSE.
Thanks to the parents, teachers, and community members for their support at the G.A.K council meeting. We continue to strive to frame up wonderful supports for our students through the process.
Thank you to the PTO Executive Committee for their time this week as well. We have so many wonderful parents involved in such supportive projects for all at BSE. Last night we had yet another amazing Math and Science Night provided by the PTO. A special thanks to Amy Pollak, who chairs this large event, for a job beyond well done. Thank you to all volunteers and staff who pitched into make this STEM event a superior one. I can say that if there was a competition for powerhouse events, this one would be a contender for the best! Watching our students, parents, and community engage in such authentic learning opportunities is such a joy. The fact that we had a real plane in the gymnasium says a great deal about the intensity of this event. We are appreciative of you all for helping and for coming to enjoy it. I had an absolute blast watching your children smile and participate fully in learning with you. I am blessed to work in a school community with amazing parents and families, so thank you!
Today we also celebrate the Chinese New Year. Thanks to our parents who helped us learn more about this celebration in China. We at BSE wish you the best in the year of the dog!
A well deserved three day weekend awaits you all, so please enjoy it with your children. Try to keep everyone healthy and rested for the final push to spring break the first week in April.
Thank you -
REMINDER: No School Monday, 2/19/18
The BSE Library is looking for any donations of gently used books to build our preschool lending library collection. Please send them in with your child or drop them off at the main office labeled for Mrs. Kussy. Thank you!
BSE Weekly Broadcasts
The BSE Broadcasts continue strong and packed with stories highlighting learning at BSE. This week's Broadcast comes from Mrs. Skaggs's fourth grade class. They are intensely collaborating throughout the entire process from seeking out possible stories, to planning, writing, editing, and filming. Enjoy this week's news.
- 02-16-18 Broadcast: https://youtu.be/dWnJm_SJhMY
- Mrs. Smith, BSE 3rd Grade Teacher
Drop Off Reminders
Here are a few notes and reminders!
A.M. arrival begins at 8:45 am
- Please use the south entrance (see map on the attached). Cars may pull into the circle driveway and stop at the designated marker (traffic cone).
- Please make sure that you arrive at the appropriate time for drop-off. PLEASE DO NOT DROP YOUR CHILD OFF EARLY BECAUSE THERE IS NO SUPERVISION AVAILABLE FOR THEM. The final bell rings at 8:55 a.m. Students who arrive in the classroom after 8:55 a.m. will be counted tardy. Therefore, please arrive at school no later than 8:50 in order to give your child ample time to make it to his or her classroom. Students who arrive at school at 8:55 a.m. or after will need to be escorted to the office by a parent and signed in before proceeding to class.
- Do not let your child out of the car until a staff member gives the okay.
- We will allow 6-8 cars to unload at a time. Please stay in your car and let your child get out by him/herself next to the curb.
- Wait until all of the children are safely unloaded before you pull away from the curb.
- DO NOT pass around other vehicles. This is a safety hazard. We want to keep our children safe!
Remember that our front entrance, the entire car rider line, is on camera, so do your personal best to keep our BSE Bears safe!
On February 14 many BSE students participated in the annual Brooks School Elementary Science Fair. Students worked for months to perfect their projects, and much knowledge was gained during this time. Students won a variety of awards for their amazing projects. The place winners of the fair will now advance on to the Regional Science Fair on February 24. Thanks to Bill Anders for providing this club opportunity to the BSE bears. Click here for a complete list of winners.
Running Bears Sign Up (Grades 2-4)
Click here for our flyer with all of the details. Registrations due 2/21/18.
ISTEP (Indiana Statewide Testing for Educational Progress) - 3rd & 4th Graders
- TESTING WINDOW 1: February 26 - March 9
- TESTING WINDOW 2: April 16 - May 4
IREAD (Indiana Reading Evaluation And Determination) - 3rd Graders only
- March 12 - March 16
As a reminder, we will not be able to accommodate lunch guests during the ISTEP and IREAD testing windows.
Please plan accordingly.
Yearbooks - ORDER BY MARCH 16th
- Order online by either scanning the QR code you see here or via this link: http://yearbooks.pixami.com/Printmore1/home3/Public.jsp.
- Hard copy orders are also accepted.
Click here for the order form and for additional information.
Preschool & Kindergarten Open House / Enrollment Information
- Preschool Open House was on
- To enroll in preschool click here (Please note: Current HSE Preschool students do not need to re-enroll for the 2018-2019 school year.)
- Kindergarten Open House - April 19th from 5:00-7:00 PM
- To see the Kindergarten Open House flyer, click here
- To enroll in kindergarten click here (Please note: HSE Preschool will be automatically enrolled in kindergarten.)
Talent Show (3rd & 4th Graders)
Auditions: March 28th
Rehearsals: April 9th & 11th
Performance: April 12th
Questions? Contact Heather Wafford at SKYLERREID@SBCGLOBAL.NET.
Save the Date! Pancake Breakfast
HSE Habitat for Humanity Easter Flower Sale
Click here for the flyer.
Make-A-Wish Parents Night Out - February 23rd
Friday, February 23rd from 6:30-8:30 pm $5 entry per child - all proceeds support the Make-A-Wish Foundation
Location: Fall Creek Elementary (Door 1)
Activities: Movie (The Incredibles starting at 7), crafts, face paint,
What else? Popcorn, and water or lemonade
Click here for the flyer with all of the details.
SafeVisitor ID Badges
Per HSE Policy, visitors must have their SafeVisitor Badge scanned to check-in to the building. Please download the SafeVisitor App (iPhone/Android) or have your badge available when you come into the school. Looking up names occasionally leads to signing in the wrong guest.
Upon leaving the school, please turn your printed badge in to the office staff for quick check-out.
Screenagers - Admission is FREE
Join us on February 22nd at 6:00 PM in the Fishers High School auditorium for a viewing of the award-winning SCREENAGERS. This film probes into the vulnerable corners of family life, including the director's own, and depicts messy struggles, over social media, video games, academics and internet addiction. Through surprising insights from authors and brain scientists solutions emerge on how we can empower kids to best navigate the digital world. Presented By YMI- Fishers Youth Assistance- Parents in Partnership and Peyton Riekhof Foundation, Fishers
Permitted use of school newsletters as required by the Equal Access Act
is not an endorsement of this group or this group’s beliefs by
Hamilton Southeastern Schools or the Board of School Trustees.