Burleson Elementary News
February 11, 2021
A NOTE FROM MRS. COFFMAN
Please go out cheer on our Lady Broncos tonight in Dawson! We are proud of their wonderful season! Best of luck tonight!
- Practice letter and sound recognition. Letter for this week is Ss.
- Focus on number recognition. This week our number is 12.
- Library book is due back on Tuesday. Please write down words read on log.
- Send extra change of clothes for cold weather.
- Please send a jacket for your child when it is cold outside.
- Please remember a water bottle every day.
Thank you for all your support with our Valentine party!! Mrs. A 😊
- Sight word test tomorrow, February 12th.
- New sight words will be going home Tuesday.
- We are learning about 2D and 3D shapes in math.
- Practice counting to 100 by 1's, 10's and 5's.
- Continue reading every night and filling out your child's reading log.
- Bring a water bottle with a good lid every day.
Please bring Valentine's cards tomorrow for our party.
Parent conferences will be on March 8th.
Spelling tests will begin after spring break. More information to come soon.
Thank you for all you do. Let me know if you need anything :)
- Scholastic book orders are due tomorrow, February 12th.
- Friday we will test over the 30 purple sight words.
- SPELLING TEST will be on WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 17TH.
- Practice +9's.
- Please read your library book each night and return it to school the next morning.
- Don't forget to send a water bottle every day.
- Parent conferences are coming on March 8th.
Please send valentine cards to school tomorrow morning if you have not already done so.
If you need anything, please reach out on Class Dojo.
* -5 math facts quiz will be on Friday.
* Continue to READ, READ, READ and take AR test!!!
* Be sure you are reading for at least 20 minutes every night and that you are filling out the Home Reading Log. The Reading Logs are due every Friday morning.
<Second grade's Valentine's Day party is set for tomorrow afternoon.
<Parent conferences are scheduled for March 8th.
- In math we are working on using multiplication to find the area of squares and rectangles.
- In science we are learning about weather and comparing our weather to other climates.
- Math fact homework is sent out on Tuesdays and due by Friday. Math fact tests are every Friday.
- Valentines Party is tomorrow from 3:30-4:25. We have 16 students in our class BOYS-Brings something salty, Girls-Bring something sweet.
ELAR/ Social Studies
- In reading this week we are finishing up our study with Drama. We will be looking at the elements of drama and how this type of text is different from any other genre. We will also start a new Genre, Poetry. We will be studying the elements that make a poem, author’s purpose in writing poetry and themes/messages authors communicate.
In Social Studies we are continuing to learn how communities make money and how the cost of production and selling price affect profits.
Make sure you are reading at home and fill in Home Reading Logs.
- Make sure you are checking Class Dojo messages.
- In Math we are still working on angles, lines, points and planes. We have learned how to measure angles using a protractor.
- We will have random multiplication fact tests so please be sure your child studies and knows their basic facts.
- In Science we are studying weather. We will learn the difference between weather and climate.
- Please make sure that your child is doing their 20-minute reading EVERY night. This will boost their vocabulary and make them a better student.
- Bring a water bottle and clean mask EVERYDAY!
Our Valentine's Party will be tomorrow, February 12th at 3:45. We are resending a list of names for both 4th grade classes in the purple folder today. We have a total of 20 students. Our party will be with both classes combined. I asked last week for you to let me know if you were sending anything for refreshments and I heard back from two parents so I think we will have enough. However, if anyone would like to send anything else that would be fine but the students don't really eat a lot. They are more excited to open their valentines. Thank you for your help!
- Valentines Party is tomorrow, please make sure your child has their valentines for everyone in their class or the class as a whole. Check DOJO if you have any questions.
- READ READ READ
-Water bottles and masks are needed daily!
-Attendance is SOOOO important to successful learning, please have your children here on time daily and contact myself and the office if your student will be out.
-We are still working on measurements. This is when we need to know our math facts. We will struggle trying to multiply our dimensions to find Area or Volume. So please keep on practicing math facts. We are having math facts test on Mondays and Fridays for those who did not make 100 on Monday.
Happy Valentine's Day!
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO OUR ELEMENTARY STUDENTS AND FAMILIES!
LADY BRONCO PLAYOFF GAME TONIGHT!!
WEDNESDAY SNACK SHACK
Prices will range from $2.00 - $4.00.
MEADOW PTO SNACK CART ON FRIDAY'S
FEBRUARY LUNCH MENU
Your child's name will be displayed on the day of their birthday. If their special day falls on a weekend their shout out will be displayed on the Friday before. This is open to ALL Meadow students and staff.