Lago Vista Middle School
Monday, January 11th -- Basketball vs. Blanco (Girls Home / Boys Away)
Monday, January 18th -- Student Holiday
Tuesday, January 19th -- UIL Ready Writing Event
Wednesday, January 20th -- UIL Editorial Writing Event
Thursday, January 21st -- UIL Spelling Event
Thursday, January 21st -- Basketball vs. Gateway (Boys Home / NO Girls game)
Friday, January 22nd -- Academic UIL District Meet at Jarrell
Friday, January 22nd -- Early Release (12:30)
Thursday, January 28th -- Basketball vs. Comfort (Girls Away / Boys Home)
Thursday, February 4th -- Basketball vs. Florence (Girls Home / Boys Away)
This week's attendance rate...
Our LVMS campus goal is to reach 98%!!
This week's attendance rate = 97%
Attendance Reminder...Parents please remember to always send in a note to excuse your child for their absence. A phone call does not excuse your child unless a note is received on your child's return to school. Thank you!
Countdown to Repeat UIL Championship............ 14 Days!!
Happy New Year! We are glad to see all of our Vikings back at school and working hard after the break. This month, our character trait is citizenship. We will focus on digital citizenship and the students will participate in mini-lessons created by our technology department. These lessons will begin next week. In other news, we will extend our blanket drive through January. New or gently used blankets may be dropped off to the front office. Please label blankets with the grade level, because the grade level with the most donated blankets will win a pajama day. For 8th graders, the PSAT scores have been posted, and you should be receiving information regarding scores in the mail very soon from the College Board. We will also work with students to set up accounts with the College Board this spring.
Yearbooks for SALE...
LVMS 2015-2016 YEARBOOKS ARE NOW ON SALE. ORDER YOURS TODAY!
Memories are being made every day and we want to help you preserve them forever.
Your yearbook captures those once-in-a lifetime memories in a single place.
Guarantee that you will never forget them by purchasing your copy NOW!
A limited number of books will be ordered and once they are gone, that's it.
Don't miss out. Order yours today!
If you want to use a credit card or debit card you can:
Purchase online by logging on to our secure website: YearbookOrderCenter.com
or Purchase by phone by calling the toll free at 1.866.287.3096 (M-F 8am-5pmCentral)
The LVMS order number is : 18995
Please have this number handy when you call or log in to order your yearbook.
To purchase directly via cash or check, order forms are available in the front office and on the middle school website. Order forms need to be returned to the front office or to Mrs. Luce Wright in Upper Campus Room 115.
Allergies, Colds & Flu Season Reminders
- Check with your doctor about the flu shot (or nasal spray form)
- Germs live in noses and mouths. Avoid touching them without a tissue
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow, not your hand.
- Don’t share any drinks or food
- Don’t eat lots of sweets (sodas, desserts, candy.) They put your immune system to sleep!
- Wash your hands often… good washing takes about 15 seconds (hum the birthday song)
- Eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies to build a germ fighting immune system.
- Get plenty of rest - our bodies heal themselves when we sleep
- There is medicine for the flu if you see your doctor within 48 hours of the start of symptom (high fever, headache, dry cough, muscle aches, fatigue.)
- Treat the aches and fever with Tylenol/Acetaminophen
- Never use Aspirin for children under 18 (because of the risk of Reyes Syndrome)
- Drink plenty of liquids to prevent dehydration and speed recovery
- Prevent spreading : Stay home from work or school until your temperature is below 100 degrees for 24 hours (without using medicine to lower it! )
Let’s all have the healthiest season ever!