Volume 11 - Lightbox/Interactive eBooks
An Engagement Tool
The custom features create a student-centered learning experience in an easy to use digital environment. This new resource can help students improve comprehension, vocabulary, and engagement all within the same interface.
The new Lightboxes can be used on any device (yes, iPads!) and reinforce material learned through slideshows, quizzes, and keywords.
Bonus: we have unlimited, multi-user access!! If you have 30 students studying the same topic at the same time - all may open the Lightbox (ebook) at the same time!
What types of features will we find in a Lightbox?
- Google Maps - explore the locations you learn about without leaving the Lightbox
- Video -Engage and excite students with embedded, high-definition video clips
- Slideshows - Relevant photos and videos are used to increase comprehension and student interaction
- Quizzes - Built in interactive quizzes test students knowledge
- Activities - Students may complete related activities in Notability and then submit via Canvas
- Documents - Documents that provide a deeper dive - all without leaving the Lightbox
- Weblinks - Appropriate links that will allow for more expansion of the topic
- Key Words - A glossary of words necessary for key understanding of the content all in one location in the Lightbox for easy access
- First Hand Accounts - Primary source documents included in many Lightboxes
- Read Aloud - Struggling readers receive support in reading with the read aloud feature, in all Lightboxes
Plus....Curriculum correlations and activity packs....Each Lightbox comes with a print edition teacher guide as well!
What Do They Look Like?? Check out some sample pages below!
Table of Contents
Each Lightbox opens to this screen, allowing the reader to choose to start at the beginning or to go directly to pages with video, activities, etc.
Sample of the glossary page, found in each Lightbox
Sample of one of the many activities that may be opened and completed in Notability, then uploaded into Canvas
Table of Contents
More Pictures Please!
What topics are covered??
- Basic Physics (3 titles)
- Physics (5 titles)
- Ancient Empires and Civilizations (6)
- World Views (8)
- Psychology (5 titles)
- Scientific Breakthroughs (4 titles)
- Foundations of Democracy (8 titles)
- United Nations (6 titles)
- US History (8 titles)
- World History (6 titles)
- Literature Studies (24+ titles)
- Technology and Innovation (6 titles)
- Scientific Discovery (6 titles)
- World Geography (5 titles)
- Nature of Life (3 titles)
- Elements of Chemistry (10 titles)
- 21st Century Science (6 titles)
As more subjects are available, we will add to the collection. We look forward adding math and art!