The Bethune Bulletin
"To Engage, Inspire and Educate..."
Week of January 11-15, 2016
District Core Beliefs
· Our main purpose is to improve student academic achievement.
· Effective instruction makes the most difference in student academic performance.
· There is no excuse for poor quality instruction.
· With our help, at risk students will achieve at the same rate as non-at risk students.
· Staff members must have a commitment to children and a commitment to the pursuit of excellence.
Bethune Key Actions
We will use our District's core beliefs and philosophy to develop a culture of feedback and support to increase the quality of instruction.
We will improve the quality of Instruction across all content areas and for each sub-group by engaging students in rigorous work and higher order thinking skills.
We will use data-driven and differentiated instruction to progress monitor and increase student achievement.
Message from Ms. Hernandez
Have a terrific week and lead strong!
Week at a Glance
MOY ISIP Testing for K-2
Monday, January 11
2nd grade Collaborative Planning
Tuesday, January 12
3rd-5th Math Teachers Collaborative Planning
Wednesday, January 13
Thursday, January 14
3rd-5th Science Teachers Collaborative Planning
Parent Conferences 4:00-7:30 pm
Friday, January 15
Texas Legends Trip
Attendance on Gradespeed before 9:00 a.m.
Lesson Plans due Friday by 8:00 a.m. to CICs
Grades updated on Gradespeed weekly
Please be prompt with picking up and dropping off students before and after lunches.
- January 18- Student/teacher Holiday
- January 19- Pk-2 Semester Awards
- January 20- 3rd-5th Semester Awards
- January 21- PTA