Health Unit: Teen Leadership
By: Kailey, Rachel, and Kaitlyn
Rachel: "9 ways to keep it healthy when eating out"
This current event is about eating healthier when eating out. I thought it was very interesting and motivating. The Article was pointing out some healthy tips that you can use when you eat out. One of the tips was to examine the menu before you order. This means to check if the meal that you are thinking about choosing has healthy toppings, or side dishes. You should specify if it has high calories too. The article also explains that people actually gain ten extra pounds a year if you eat out five times a week. So you should balance the times you eat out every month.
Kailey: "San Diego Seniors compete in virtual bowling league"
Kailtlyn: "School Food Initiative"
Lower Body Workout
Upper Body Workout
Breakfast Vegetable Omelet
- 2 eggs
- Diced onions
- Diced peppers
1. Heat pan or skillet
2. Pour eggs into pan and let cook
3. Add vegetables into the omelet
4. Flip one side of omelet on top of the other
Mozzarella and Tomato Lunch Salad
- 1 cubed tomato
- 1 ounce cubed mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 pressed garlic clove
- Balsamic vinegar
- Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
1. Place all ingredients in large bowl
2. Mix together
Yogurt Filled Strawberry Dessert
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 tub of non fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup crushed almonds
1. Cut tops and middle out of strawberries
2. Mix yogurt, honey, and almonds in a bowl
3. Place yogurt mixture into the middle or strawberries
Nutrion Fun Facts
1. Fast food restaurants use yellow, red, and orange because those are the colors that stimulate hunger.
2. Blueberries have more antioxidants than any other fruit or vegetables.
3. Most fiber in fruits is in the peel.
4. One in four Americans eat fast food at least once a day.
5. Your brain takes 20 minutes to tell your stomach it is full.
6. You usually feel happier after exercising because your brain releases chemicals called endorphins when your moving.
7. Healthy children and students learn better.
8. Eating too many sweet potatoes can cause abdominal swelling.
9. Kale eases lung congestion and is beneficial to the stomach and liver.
10. Eating only 100 above the healthy intake can cause you to gain 10 pounds per year.