Mrs. Bunda's Newsletter
2nd Grade News
Dates to Remember
Week of February 22, 2021
TUESDAY: Library-return library books
WEDNESDAY: Gym Day- Please wear gym shoes and bring a water bottle
This week, we will be taking our topic 6 math test on Wednesday. On Tuesday, students will bring the topic 6 study guide that we will complete together in class. Their only homework on Tuesday will be to go over the study guide for the test. Students should continue to practice basic addition and subtraction facts at home each day. They can practice online or with flashcards.
Our story this week is Luke Goes to Bat. It starts on page 52 in BOOK 2 on Think Central. The guided reading level of the story is level K. The genre is realistic fiction. Skills include using antonyms, sequence of events, and inferring and visualizing what we read.
There will be a Comprehension Test on Friday, February 26th!
1. extra-more than what is usual or needed
2. final-something that is last or at the end
3. hurried-to try to finish something or get somewhere quickly
4. practice-to do something many times so you get better at it
5. cheered-shouting in happiness and excitement
6. curb-where the sidewalk meets the edge of the road
7. roared-to make a loud, deep noise
8. position-to be sitting, lying, or arranged in a certain way
There will be a vocabulary test on Friday, February 26, 2021!
Spelling Test on Friday, February 26th!
Grammar test on Friday, February 26th!
- Always charge your chrome book and bring it to school!
- Most of your passwords are scoh and your lunch number.
- In class students, you may bring a healthy snack and water bottle daily
- We have recess outside most days. Please dress for the weather! Students need snow pants and boots to play in the snow.
Students will now be required to read all test questions and answer choices to themselves. (This does not include math tests.) If a student does not know a word, they may ask for help, however, I will no longer be reading the entire test to the students.