One of the most important vitamins
1) Iron is considered an essential mineral because it is needed to make part of blood cells.
2) Iron is needed for the formation of hemoglobin, which carries oxygen from the lungs to the body cells.
3) Iron plays a role in the production and release of energy in the body.
These are all very important because we need blood cells to survive, we obviously need oxegyn from the lungs to the rest of our cells. Lastly, we all need energy for everything we do. So iron is definately important.
"Iron Sources and Function of Iron Mineral." Iron Sources and Function of Iron Mineral. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Jan. 2015.
"Role of Iron in Good Nutrition." Nutrilite. N.p., n.d. Web. 14 Jan. 2015
Those at risk for low iron levels include:
- Women who are menstruating, especially if they have heavy periods
- Women who are pregnant or who have just had a baby
- Long-distance runners
- People with any type of bleeding in the intestines (for example, a bleeding ulcer)
- People who frequently donate blood
- People with gastrointestinal conditions that make it hard to absorb nutrients from food
Iron supports red blood cells.
You can take iron tablets.
-Iron supports your blood
-Iron gives you energy
-Supports your hemoglobin
-Important in delivering oxygen to organs