Renovate Your Bedroom!
MAT1L0 Final Summative Task (Fletcher's Meadow S. S.)
Part A: Make Your Predictions
1) Amount of money allocated to each store and explanation: (T: ____________/15)
2) Percentage of the budget: (K: _________/6) (2 marks each)
3) Communication (C: _______/8)
Part B: Your Bedroom Measurements (Homework) (C: __/8)
Part C: Determining the Perimeter (K: ____/2)
Part D: Determining Areas (K: _____/9)
Part E: Time to Shop For Materials For Your Renovation!
2) Communication (C: ________/2)
a. Number of Cases of Carpet (App: ______/3)
b. Total amount spent on carpet (K: _______/3)
a. Number of Baseboards (App: ______/3)
b. Total amount spent on baseboard (K: _______/3)
a. Number of Cans of Paint (App: ______/3)
b. Total amount spent on paint (K: _______/3)
4) Total amount of spent on materials (K: ______/2)
5) Total amount of money left in the budget (K: ______/2)
PART F: Time To Shop For Furniture and Accessories!
1) Choice of furniture and other items (T: _______/8)
2) Calculation of prices (K: ______/6)
3) Calculation of total amount of money spent at Ikea and amount left in the budget. (K: _______/4)
4) Calculation of area occupied by the furniture pieces (K: _____/3)
5) Calculation of the ratio of the area occupied by the furniture pieces (App: _____/6)
PART G: Time to Treat Yourself!
2) Calculation of total prices (K: ______/4)
3) Communication (C: _______/2)
For this part of the assignment, you will choose an item from Best Buy that is on sale.
Part H: Determining Percentages (Show all your work!)
1) Calculation of percentages (App: _____/6)
2) Discussion on how the calculated percentages compare to the predicted ones. (T: ______/6)
3) Communication (C: ______/12)
Part I: Scale Diagram of Your Bedroom
1) Calculation of scale (T: _______/4)
2) Explanation of scale (C: _____/4)
3) Calculation of number squares for each item (T: ______/6)
4) Drawing of the scale (C: _______/13)
Part J: Reflection
1) Thinking (T: ______/10)
2) Communication (C: ____/16)