The Minor Collective
Services and Pricing Structure
Kass and Cornelius are happy to plan a learning event or professional development for your school community on any of the services we offer, and will work with you to negotiate a rate that is appropriate for the work we create together. Alternately, request Cornelius or Kass to work with after reading the services each one of us provides on the PD menu provided below.
Please note that we are an approved NYC Department of Education Vendor.
Kass and Cornelius develop topic-based study groups--with school staff AND families.
Kass and Cornelius work on site in classrooms with teachers and students.
Kass and Cornelius design presentations and workshops.
Onsite Professional Development
- All full-day professional development packages include a 45 minute off-site planning session 2-4 weeks prior to professional development work.
- All full-day professional development packages include six hours of professional development work with participants. Up to three items chosen from the menu below will be customized and developed for your community’s day of professional development work.
- All full-day professional development packages include a 30 minute post-session onsite debrief with key stakeholders.
- Additional hours of off-site virtual consultations can be purchased for follow up work on initiatives, troubleshooting challenges, and supporting steps for moving forward for communities that have previously purchased professional development days only.
- Staff/Community Study Groups can be purchased in addition to Professional Development packages outside of New York City. Building Inclusive Spaces Study Groups can be selected in isolation in New York City only. This option includes a 30 minute planning session 2-4 weeks prior to meeting, and at minimum two two hour on-site meetings with participants.
Professional Development Topics
Below are topics we have built professional development around for various schools and surrounding communities. We customize learning cycles based on planning conversations with you and your community's needs.
- New Teacher Support Groups: Creating Efficient & Authentic Systems of Support for Teachers and Students that Build Growth for All Learners
- Unearthing Intersectionality in School Systems: Finding and Fostering Connections that Take Place Between Systems and Individuals to Create Inclusive, Brave Spaces Within the Institution of School.
- Writing and Reading Workshop & Fostering Student Independence Through Practice, Small Groups, and Conferences
- Writing Class is Not About “Assignments” It Is About “Experiences”: What/How to teach So That Kids Write Well
- Building Inclusive Classroom Communities through Flexible Grouping Structures
- Digital and Media Literacy & Building Critical Thinking Skills Through Authentic Listening
- Engagement Teaching and Leading When it Feels “difficult” or even “impossible” — Using Culturally Sustaining Pedagogy and Design Thinking to Build Community and Trust
- Innovative math and literacy structures for complex learners including project based learning, multi-modal instruction, and collaborative group work
- Transitioning students from special education classrooms to less restrictive environments
- Inclusive Instructional Design rooted in Culturally Relevant Teaching; embedding UDL, Executive Functioning, and Social Emotional Literacy within Curriculum Frameworks
- Adult Communication and Collaboration: Embracing Active Listening and Healthy Conflict
- Building Inclusive Spaces study groups in your school community that explore different perspectives on building inclusive spaces when difference is salient (can take place within staff, between staff and families, or within families that are members of the school community)
- From Ally To Accomplice: Doing the Everyday Work of Building a Better Community
- Affirming Our Identities and Our Impact: How the Stories of Us Shape our Schools
Professional Development Facilitation Delivery Menu
*Choose up to three modes of PD facilitation for one day of professional development
*We will customize a plan and pricing structure based on your needs.
● Whole group workshops
● Breakout planning sessions
● Presentation on topic of interest
● Customized study group, coaching, and/or in classroom professional
● Student and/or Family consultations
● Leadership Development meeting
Civic Engagement Work: Organizing for Structural Change Within Communities Beyond the School.
This option typically takes place outside of the school, and engages community
members to build more equitable practices in a holistic manner. It also includes the
same time as a day of professional development.
Participants for this type of work could include: City Councils, Chamber of
Commerce, School Boards, Community-Based Affinity Groups, and/or (but not limited
to) School District Meetings.
Topics include, but are not limited to: Student-Parent-Teacher Organizing, Community
Education, Raising Consciousness, Restorative Practices, and Local Funding
Professional Development is done in coaching cycles, starting at a minimum of three days.
Full day Keynote + Workshop Package, can be purchased singularly outside of New York City.
Please contact email@example.com for pricing quotes or visit kassandcorn.com to read more about our work.