- Nickname - The Aloha State
- Motto - "Ua Mau Ea o Aina i Ka Pono." it says, " The life of the land is perpetuated in righteousness."
- Hawai'i Pono'i is the state anthem
- Hawaiian hibiscus
Hawaii is in the Pacific Ocean with no bordering states.
History of Hawaii
- The most important event that happened to Hawaii was the Attack on Pearl Harbor. This is what brought the second great war that America has fought in, World War ll.
- The first settlers came to Hawaii in 1778.
- In 1893 Hawaii was named Pineapple island for the abundance of pineapples they have.
- In 1959 Hawaii became part of the United States.
Agriculture & Industry
- Agriculture- Pineapples, sugar cane, greenhouse nursery products, macadamia nuts, and coffee.
- Industry- Hawaii is known for their great tourism.
famous people & politics & education & social issues.
- Famous people - Barack Obama, Marcus Mariota, Bruno Mars, Katy Perry.
- Culture - Hawaiians like to dance. They surf and have dresses and wear a lot of native flowers on their ears or anywhere on there body. They also have trible tattoos.
- Politics - Hawaiians are democrats . They voted on 11 of the last 13 presidents.
- Education - 8 percent of Hawaiians are military connected . They are teaching the standard education , math , reading , art, English, science, etc.
- Social issues - attitude is key in Hawaii if you have a bad attitude then you will meet bad people if you have good attitude you will meet good people. Racism against white people. Common crimes are break-in houses and purse and wallet snatching.