Oakdale Eagles Soar
Thanks to ALL who participated in Kindergarten's HAT day!!!!
I have enjoyed seeing the strong turn out of parents to take part in conferences:)
Shout out to the C & I Committee, they will roll out our new school chant to be performed at the awards ceremonies!!!!!
Ms. Beckham for coming on board and jumping in with both feet!!!
Ms. Heath's class for winning the canned food drive and to others who gave it a good try:)
Christy Reid who will lead Math Alliance trainings in the district!!
We are designing the vision for our school through collaboration and shared beliefs.
We exist to be an example or model for things we stand for...To practice what we teach!!! Click on the link below to see Ms. Matthews and her son.
We are creating students who take ownership of their success through setting, monitoring and reaching goals!!!
Data, Data, Data...
Rethinking Classroom Data with Purpose in Mind
Below are a few of the data points collected at River Oaks. Every school does this differently and we want to create a sustainable way to collect, track and monitor data here at Oakdale.
Our meetings this week will also help to identify how we will use our many data points!
Read the article in your spare time by clicking the link below. It starts with this quote:
“The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.”
- Type your name
- Click join
- Answer the question
Don’t forget that October is also the month for benefits enrollment. There are lots of changes and new options in the State Health Plan this year. If you don’t participate in enrollment, you’ll be automatically defaulted to the 70/30 plan. Benefits counselors will visit every CMS location during October and will be present at four flu clinics on Saturdays in October. Learn more at cms.hrintouch.com
- First round Pre-Conferences and Observations end Friday Nov. 8th
- Please continue to review the Non-Negotiables...
- Working on a schedule for Hip Hop Abs in the gym; need someone to lead it... (4:00-4:45)
- Save the dates... Kim S. will be back to provide support on Mini Lessons: see schedule that was emailed
- If you did not take a picture on Picture Day, please plan to take one on the make-up date 11/15. These are free and will be featured in the yearbook.
- 3-5 Report Card information is in your box in a manilla folder, we will come around to answer questions and to provide support as needed.
Schedule for this Week
- Book Fair Starts
Tuesday Nov. 5 Day 2
- Election Day- Please vote and wear your sticker!!!
- Mentee Meeting @ 7:45
- Data Meeting 3rd grade
- Alexander @ Principal Meeting PM
Wednesday Nov. 6 Day 3
- PD @ 7:30 in the Media Center
- Rep. from Making Meaning here all day (will likely push into planning meetings)
Thursday Nov. 7 Day 4
- SLT in the Media Center@ 7:30
- Data Meetings 2nd, 4th, and 5th grade
- PTA Meeting and BINGO night
- Book Fair open 5-7 pm
- Thursday Folders go home
Friday Nov. 8 Day 5
- Lunch Buddy Day!!!