Meadow Heights Mustangs Newsletter
October 22, 2021
Traducción del Boletín - Newsletter Translation
Para traducción en español, arriba a la mano derecha seleccione "Translate" y el idioma "SPANISH".
Click on "Translate" on the upper right side and select the language of choice to translate the newsletter.
I'm looking forward to welcoming parent volunteers on campus for our fun Harvest Carnival tradition. Thanks to Cheri Rivera and Leslie Cruz for leading this exciting event for our students. More details about the Harvest Carnival are below.
Harvest Carnival-October 29th
- This year we will have a safe and modified Harvest Carnival. Kindergarten students will wear costumes at school
- All parent volunteers must show proof of vaccination upon entering the campus or show proof of a negative Covid-19 test up to 48 hours before 10/29
- All adults on campus must wear their masks indoors and outdoors while on campus
- No food or treats will be provided during the carnival
- Parents can sign up to help with the Harvest Carnival below
- Students who do not want to participate in the Harvest Carnival will have an alternate activity in a classroom supervised by a teacher
- Only volunteers for the Harvest Carnival will be allowed on campus
Harvest Carnival Costume Guidelines
1st-5th graders will change into their costumes after lunch. Students must be able to change independently without adult support.
NO MASKS of any kind are allowed to be worn as part of a costume.
NO PRETEND WEAPONS (toy guns, swords, make-up with blood, wands, shields) are allowed to be used as part of a costume.
Rainy Day Plan for Snack/Recess/Lunch
Our new plan is that students will eat outside under the classroom overhangs for snacks and lunch. Students will have indoor recess after they have eaten their snack/lunch.
Kindergarten students who ride the bus will eat inside a classroom and be spread out inside. We can have up to 14 students who will need to do this on rainy days.
We will assess the viability of our plan and update it as needed.