Week of June 3, 2019
In this Edition of Granville Academy
Information about Granville Academy and the GA Pirates:
- Granville Academy Awards Day
- Granville Academy: Pirate Feedback
- GA Fun Day: June 10th
- GA Sign Up Genius for Fun Day
- EOC Testing Information
- GA Graduation 2019
- Summer Youth Day Camps
- Chromebook End of Year Information
- GA Birthdays
Information for Grades 6-8
Information for Grades 9-12
- Message from Dr. Wrenn
- High School Testing
- Summer School Registration
- School Choice Letter of Intent
- Granville Academy Application 2019 - 2020
GA Information for All
Granville Academy: Pirate Feedback
It has been such a great first year within our Pirate community. We are so thankful for each one of you! As the year comes to an end, we would like to ask for your feedback. Your input will be used to assist our GA Team in planning for the 2019-2020 school year.
Thank you so much and have a great day!
Donations for GA Fun Day: June 10th
Summer Youth Day Camps
Granville County 4-H will be holding their annual Summer Fun Program for 2019! This program is designed for youth ages 5-18. Please note that each activity will have its own age requirements, and activities have limited spots available. Activities begin in June!
- Summer Fun Registration must be completed online
- 4-H Online Enrollment and payment is due within 5 business days of registration
- Check and Cash are the payment forms currently accepted
- Registration closes on May 31st at 5:00 p.m.
Chromebook: End of Year Information
Please read the information below in regards to student Chromebooks:
1. Students not returning to GA next school year and returning to their traditional GCPS school will retain their device and it will transfer with them. There would be just a few exceptions where they might have to return their GA chromebook and get a replacement from their new school. This would apply to new GCPS students in grades 10-12 only that received a Dell Chromebook.
2. Students not returning to GA next school year and transferring out of GCPS must return their Chromebook/Macbook before the last day of school. It is best that we be alerted so that we can be prepared to collect it during their last EOG/EOC. This includes any student leaving GCPS.
3. Any student or family that is not sure that they will return to GA next year can turn their chromebook in after their last EOG/EOC and it will be retained and can be given back to them if they decide to return to GA.
4. Any student that learns that they are not returning to GA during summer break can contact anyone at GA to arrange to have the chromebook returned. Mr. Kevin Lawler (Technician for GA) will be alerted and will make arrangements to receipt the returned chromebook.
5. All Granville Academy students staying in GA/GCPS will keep their device over the summer, unless as specified in number 1 (student transferring in grades 10-12). All students will be required to complete the Technology Responsible Use forms and submit the Technology Usage Fee for the 2019-2020 school year. This information will be provided after July 1.
Please let us know any information regarding your device in advance to avoid having your device inadvertently disabled by the school technician.
Information for Grades 9-12
Message from Dr. Wrenn
High School Students,
Final exam testing begins today (6/3) and ends on June 7th. Each student has received information from teachers with specific times and locations for testing.
Continue studying review packets and feel confident.
I wish you much success as you begin testing this week!
Please make sure you are on time, rested, well fed, and visualizing success.
Teacher have worked very hard to make sure you are prepared....so relax-- you all will do well.
Mrs. Glass will communicate to you about registration for next year on an individual basis later this month and in July.
Students who have maintained all A's and A's/B's this year will be recognized tomorrow evening at 6PM at the Northern Granville Middle School auditorium as part of the Granville Academy Awards ceremony.
Graduation is Saturday, June 15 at 3:00 PM. The commencement ceremony will be held at Granville Central High School in the auxiliary gym.
Report cards will be available approximately June 19.
It has been a pleasure working with you this year. Be safe this summer and keep in touch.
Granville Academy: School of Choice 2019-2020 Intent
Granville Academy Families:
Please complete the School of Choice Letter of Intent 2019-2020 form for the upcoming academic school year! This form will indicate your student(s) enrollment at Granville Academy. Thank you for choosing us!
Only new students should apply! Current students do not need to apply.