Heroes or victims?
Gladiatorial Games Description
1. A few women participated in the gladiatorial games.
2. provocators are gladiators that had rectangular curved shields.
3. If two gladiators fought well and didn’t kill each other, they would both live and it would be a draw
4. the word gladiator is from the short sword they used in close combat called a gladius
5. Gladiators spent most of their time training
1. When the lions came out into the arena, they did not attack the slaves because they were frightened of the boistrous noise of the crowd.
2. The gladiatorial games were named after the short sword they used called a gladius.
3.The Romans believed that the first gladiators were slaves who were made to fight to the death at the funeral of a distinguished aristocrat, Junius Brutus Pera, in 264 BC.
4.Most gladiators were slaves. They were subjected to a rigorous training, fed on a high-energy diet, and given expert medical attention.
5. Some emperors made men attack women in the Gladiatorial games.
The gladiators were..
The gladiators were both heroes and victims. The definition of a hero is a person, typically a man, who is admired for courage or noble qualities. The gladiators were definitely brave to go out in front of all those people and kill other fighters and slaves. The definition of a victim is a person harmed, injured, or killed as a result of a crime, accident, or other event or action. This practically describes the gladiatorial games. There is killing, injuring, and other greusome actions. The gladiators dont just kill, they are killed also.