Start With a Healthy Heart
TeenLink Hawaii (TLH)
TLH is a youth empowerment, outreach, and education program that provides information and referral services for teens in Hawaii. Their comprehensive database includes topics such as mental health/self-care, physical wellness, stress management, healthy relationships and places to seek help.
FREE Health and Wellness Classes
Hawaii Pacific Health and The Queen's Medical Center offer in-person and virtual classes on a variety of topics. Please refer to the websites below for more information.
Department of Health - Bilingual Health Services
The Bilingual Health Education Aide program assists immigrants, migrants, Compact of Free Association groups, Native Hawaiians, and limited and non-English speaking to access health and other related services in the community.
Avocado and Chicken Summer Rolls
- 12 6-inch rice paper wrappers
- 2 cups shredded chicken (1 rotisserie chicken)
- 2 large carrots (thinly sliced)
- 1 medium cucumber (thinly sliced)
- 12 leaves Boston lettuce or 2 cups microgreens mix
- 2 medium avocados (thinly sliced)
- 1 medium lime (juiced)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dip a sheet of rice paper into a bowl of lukewarm water for 5-10 seconds, until soft enough to bend. Then lay it flat on a damp towel on a firm surface.
- In a small bowl, add the juice of 1 lime to the sliced avocado. Set aside.
- Spread the Boston lettuce or microgreens mix on the bottom third of rice paper, followed by the thinly sliced carrots, thinly sliced cucumbers, rotisserie chicken slices, and sliced avocado. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fold up the bottom edge to cover the ingredients. Then, fold in the outside edges and tightly roll until sealed.
- Place the finished roll on a plate lined with a damp paper towel. Continue steps 1-3 until all remaining ingredients are used. Take care to leave space between the finished summer rolls next to each other so they don't stick together.
- Cut each roll in half, and serve with either a peanut dipping sauce, Greek vinaigrette, ranch dressing, or hoisin dipping sauce.