December 2, 2016
Message from Dr. Kaminski
Dear BSE Families,
The time continues to pass quicker than one can imagine and we now only have two weeks of school before we finish the first semester. Many of our students have taken, or will continue to take, the winter NWEA assessments. These will all be completed by December 14th. Parents should receive PDF copies of scores via email on, or shortly after, December 16th. If you have any questions about the results, please feel free to contact your child's teacher.
Thank you to the Folkner Family who donated almost an entire truckload of supplies to the BSE MakerSpace. Our students have been busy in our collaboratory all semester long and now we have the bins filled almost completely to capacity! We still need a few items, so if you would like to donate any amount to BSE, feel free to drop them off any time.
- Glue guns and glue
- Glue sticks
- Cotton balls (various colors)
- Pipe Cleaners (varous colors)
- Masking tape
- Hammers, Screwdrivers, & Old Drills (We are adding a wood station in January) Yes it will be safe!
I want to send a special thanks to all of our parents who attended the Students vs. Staff Basketball game on Wednesday. It was a wonderful event that the staff and students really enjoyed!
Have a restful weekend!
Lunch Visitors - What You Need to Know
- Call our office at (317) 915-4250 to make your reservation.
- Reservations are made same day only.
- Reservations should be made no later that 9:30 AM (as a courtesy to our cafeteria staff).
- Daily limits are three visitors per grade level, with a max of 10 visitors total.
- The only options for lunch are the hot lunch of the day or a meal from home (no restaurant food is allowed).
- Please note, Friday is movie day in our cafeteria.
- There are some days we are unable to have visitors (e.g. Thanksgiving Feast, Holiday Feast). We apologize for any inconvenience.
- NO LUNCH VISITORS WILL BE PERMITTED ON DECEMBER 16TH, 2016.
End of day dismissal changes:
- Exceptions to default dismissal instructions must be put in School Dismissal Manager. If you're having trouble accessing SDM, please contact our office for assistance.
- SDM IS NOT TO BE USED FOR EARLY DISMISSALS.
Late Arrivals, Early Dismissals, and All Day Absences:
- Call the school at (317) 915-4250 and select option #2 from the menu.
- Leave your child's first & last names (please provide spelling).
- Include your child's grade and teacher.
- ALL DAY ABSENCE: Give reason for the absence. If your child is sick, please include a brief description of the symptoms.
- LATE ARRIVAL: Give a reason for the late arrival, and approximate arrival time, and let us know if your child will need to purchase lunch.
- EARLY DISMISSAL: Include the pick-up time.
Permitted use of school newsletters as required by the
Equal Access Act is not an endorsement of this group or this group’s beliefs by
Hamilton Southeastern Schools or the Board of School Trustees.
Parents' Night Out at Hamilton Southeastern High School
Need to go shopping for the holidays? Need a night away from kids? Join us for Parents’ Night Out! A fun night for kids to play and parents to have a night off! Hamilton Southeastern High School’s class officers, National Honor Society, Key Club, Interact Club, adult helpers, and more will be there to help! Concessions include snacks and drinks - $1 each. Parents will need to come in building for check in and check out. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
When: December 3rd from 6:00 - 10:00 PM
Where: HSE LGI Room (13910 East 126th Street)
Cost: $20 for first child and $15 for each additional child
Click here for our flyer and registration form.
Parents' Night Out at BSE!
Hamilton Southeastern Destination Imagination (HSE DI)
is sponsoring a PARENTS NIGHT OUT!!
When: Friday, December 9th
Where: BSE Cafeteria
Time: 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Who: BSE Students (K-4)
Suggested Donation: $8 for the first student;
$5 for the second student
Click here for the sign-up flyer with more information.
Future Royals Cheerleading Clinic
When: December 17, 2016 9 AM - 2 PM
We can’t wait to show your daughter what it’s like to be a ROYALS cheerleader! Clinic includes instruction in chants, jumps, tumbling, stunting and more! They will learn a routine that they will perform at halftime of the HSE/Plainfield Girls Varsity game on 12/22/16.
Click here for information and registration.
Fusion Dance Team Winter Clinic Lock-In
WHERE: FISHERS HIGH SCHOOL
WHEN: Saturday, December 10TH
TIME: 2:30pm-Halftime of Basketball Game
WHO: Kindergarten- 6th Grade
Southeastern Program Of Recreational Team Sports