ZHS Weekly Update
October 3, 2021
Zephyrhills High School is the home of the Bulldogs!
Our vision is that all of our students achieve success in college, career, and life.
Our theme for the 2021-2022 school year is Building Excellence!
October 3, 2021
Tickets for the Homecoming Dance go on sale Wednesday, October 6 during lunches. Students must have a completed and approved form on file. These forms will be available in the commons during the day. All guest passes must be approved and forms submitted before a guest ticket can be purchased. Tickets are $20 this week.
We are following the Pasco County Schools Student Code of Conduct and Dress Code guidelines for all students. Additionally, hats, hoods, and beanies are not to be worn when inside a building or classroom. The dress code is posted below. If your student is out of dress code, we will work with them to resolve the concern. We encourage all students and parents to review the Pasco County School Student Code of Conduct and Dress Code.
The District's COVID response plan is posted on the Pasco County Schools website. Parents can check the district dashboard for updates on positive COVID cases.
- The COVID-19 Daily Report will be updated on the district website each school day. It will report the number of daily confirmed COVID-19 cases among students and staff. Parents are encouraged to review the Daily Report to stay up to date regarding COVID-19 cases at their student’s school.
- Direct notification will be limited to students or staff who are required to quarantine.
Students will NOT need to quarantine until/unless they develop symptoms or become unable to pass the self-screener found on the the ZHS and Pasco County Schools websites.
Please monitor your student for symptoms and use the self-screener. If your student is not feeling well, please do not send them to school.
We continue to take many precautions for student and staff safety that include cleaning supplies in every classroom/work area, social distancing, optional wearing of masks/face barriers, Public Service Announcements (in this newsletter, on the daily School Announcements, and more), hand sanitizer all over campus, and more.
The locker rooms are scheduled to open this coming week once all final inspections have passed. The 300 hallway and Media Center are on track to be open when students return from Winter Break.
ZHS is a closed campus for lunch. Students are expected to remain on campus for the entire school day and do not have permission to leave campus for lunch. Additionally, outside food, food delivery, and food sales is not allowed, as it jeopardizes our Free and Reduced Meal status. These deliveries will be refused.
We will navigate these challenges and we will have a GREAT year!
We are resilient. We are committed. We are determined. We are Bulldog STRONG!
--Dr. Christina Stanley
This Week at ZHS
All week: ZHS Cheer Practice, Boys Basketball Open Gym, Girls Basketball Open Gym, Gallup Student Survey Window, Gallup Staff Survey Window
•ELA FSA makeups (Portable 3, Room 209)
•ZHS Priority School Walkthroughs with District Staff
•Environmental Science Field Trip to the EMC
•SIT team meeting 5th period (room 209 if testing is done, Zoom if not)
•ZHS Admin Meeting (2 p.m.), ZHS Boys Golf home vs Pasco
•ELA FSA makeups (Portable 3, Room 209)
•Picture retakes (last chance!) in the ZHS Gym
•Site-Based Leadership Team Meeting (2:00 p.m., via Zoom)
•FFA Skillathon Practice (Room 800)
•ZHS Girls Golf away @ WCHS, JV/V Volleyball away @ Pasco
•Stewart Middle School home football game vs Rushe MS (6 pm)
•Wear College/Career/AVID/Academy gear
•Early Release Day/Staff PD, ZHS Construction meeting (11 a.m.)
•ZHS Swim away @ RRHS, JV/Varsity Volleyball home vs RRHS
•PLC meetings during Teacher Planning Periods
•Freshmen presentations in the Dining Room (pds 1, 2, 3, 5, 6)
•CNA students @ WZES for health screenings
•Student Summit during lunches (Santiago/Ljohn’s rooms)
•ZHS G Golf home vs WRHS, JV Football home vs SLHS
•Wear Bulldog spirit gear or Black/Orange
•USH Quarter Checks
•Student Summit during lunches (Santiago/Ljohn’s rooms)
•ZHS Swim away @ County Meet
•ZHS V Football home vs WRHS (Hippie/Tie Dye Game)
•ZHS Cross Country away @ LOLHS Invitational
•JROTC Ranger Day, ZHS FFA @ Pioneer Florida Museum
THIS WEEK (10/4 to 10/8):
Monday, 10/4: ELA FSA makeups
Tuesday, 10/5: ELA FSA makeups
Friday, 10/8: US History quarter checks
Your student will receive notification of his/her assigned testing location via ticket. You will receive notification of your student's testing location, time, and date via email. Additionally, rosters have been posted on campus, and teachers have notified students in class.
The announcement of the BEST assessment change does NOT affect this year's testing. All students are expected to meet the assessment portions of the graduation requirements. We are still required to test all students in order for them to have opportunities to meet their graduation requirements.
Calling all ZHS Students!
The last day for Picture Retakes is Tuesday, October 5.
This is the last day for all student photos be taken so you can be included the Yearbook!
We will have one station specifically for Senior Photos.
Questions? Reach out to Mr. Fernandez (email@example.com).
A sign-up sheet will be available in the commons at the guidance table.
Sessions will be held every Monday and Wednesday from 2pm-3pm beginning Monday, September 27th in Room 26-217.
Snacks will be provided.
See Mr. Santiago if you have any questions.
Homecoming Dance Update
When: Saturday, October 30
Where: ZHS gym
Cost: $20 for the week of Oct. 6 to 12. (Prices will increase October 13th.)
Time: 7 to 10:30 p.m.
Ticket info: Will go on sale Wednesday, October 6. No tickets will be sold at the door.
Other info: Students must have 80% or better attendance, no level 3 referrals, and a 2.0 or better GPA to attend. All students will comply with these requirements or meet with admin/SSAP to create a plan regarding areas of deficiency. All guests must be cleared and approved.
Student Gallup Plan (October 4 to 8):
9th grade: Gallup done via HOPE classes
10th grade: Gallup done after Biology quarter check
11th grade: Gallup done after USH quarter check
12th grade: Gallup done via Econ/Govt classes
ZHS Important Dates
Monday, October 11: USH quarter check makeups
Tuesday, October 12: Biology quarter checks, Grade Level Team meetings, Academic Awards Night (ZHS gym)
Wednesday, October 13: SAT School Day for seniors
Thursday, October 14: Biology quarter checks, Senior Meeting
Friday, October 15: Quarter check makeups, Hispanic Heritage Month Closeout Celebration
ZHS Peanut Butter and Jelly Drive
What? Peanut Butter, Jelly, Bread, Crackers, or Almond Butter
Where? Bring your donation to ZHS
Why? Many of our ZHS Bulldog families may not have access to food sometimes. Peanut Butter and Jelly is a rich source of protein, affordable, has a good shelf life, and can be used in many ways.
**A little goes a long way! Helping others is sweet!**
Extended School Day
Day 1 is 10/20/21, every Monday and Wednesday through 3/11/21, 2:00-4:45pm, excluding non-school days.
Student Flu Shots available!
If you would like for your student to receive the vaccine at school, please complete the consent form and return it to the school clinic by October 22nd, 2021. If you do not want your student to participate, you do not need to return the consent form. Only those students with a completed consent form will receive the flu shot.
Please contact the ZHS school nurse if you have any questions.
Outside food, candy, beverage sales PROHIBITED
Celebrating our Bulldog staff
Dustin Rowe was voted ZHS Teacher of the Year for the 21-22 school year!
Angela Huffman was voted ZHS SRP of the Year for the 21-22 school year!
Transportation Questions or Concerns?
Outside Food/Food Deliveries
Bell Schedule for 21-22
1st Period 7:20 – 8:15
2nd Period 8:20 – 9:10
Academic Period 9:15 – 9:35
3rd Period 9:40 – 10:30
Lunch A 10:30 – 11:00
Period 4A 11:05 – 11:55
Period 4B 10:35 – 11:25
Lunch B 11:25 – 11:55
5th Period 12:00 – 12:50
6th Period 12:55 – 1:46
Student Fees and Lockers
Fees and Lockers
*You will also be able to pay all fees online through Rycor. All fees including parking, lockers, class fees, Grade Fees, and PE lockers can be paid online.
*Students will be assigned school lockers & parking spots during the first two weeks of school via lunches. Students will be assigned PE lockers through their PE classes. Need a locker? Reserve one here: https://zhs.pasco.k12.fl.us/mform/view.php?id=36069
You will need an active MyStudent parent portal account to be able to participate.
1. Navigate to Pasco County Schools website at www.pasco.k12.fl.us
2. Click on the Parents tab.
3. Under Parent Links/Academic, click on CheckGrades/Attendance.
4. Click the yellow link to create a new Parent Portal.
ZHS Sports Tryout Information
**All student-athletes MUST have a fully completed physical packet turned in and cleared BEFORE you may tryout or practice. This packet is found on the ZHS website under the athletics tab. No completed, cleared packet? No tryout. No exceptions.**
Contact: Coach Cimorelli for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Parking Passes 21-22
2. All parking passes will be processed and distributed during student lunches in the commons by Ms. Ashley during the first two weeks of school. Please do not go to Student Services.
3. You must have copies of your driver's license, current registration, and current proof of insurance to receive your parking pass during lunches.
4. All students, including students who drove last year, must purchase a new parking pass each year and provide updated vehicle information. Parking passes are only good for the school year.
**Students who drive will be permitted to drive and park without a pass for the first week of school.**
Dress for Success and Show your School Spirit!
On Fridays at ZHS, all students and staff are encouraged to wear Bulldog gear or Bulldog colors (Orange and Black). Show your school spirit!
Arrival to School in the Morning
- Buses will drop off in the front bus loop off of 12th Street. This loop is CLOSED to all car traffic from 6:45 to 7:25 a.m. DO NOT PASS THE BUSES.
- Student drop off is in the Gym parking lot off of Henry Street. Please pull all the way forward to drop off your student in front of the doors leading to the gym lobby.
- Upon arrival from a car or bus, students can get their breakfast from the nearest mobile cart or cafeteria line and then head to the cafeteria or their 1st period class to eat.
- Students who do not eat breakfast at school will be expected to go directly to their 1st period class as soon as they arrive on campus.
Student and Staff Hallway Guidelines
Social distancing will be expected at all times.
Students and staff are expected to follow the signage on all doors and in all hallways.
Seating Charts and Sign in Sheets
When in another classroom not on their schedule, students will need to sign in and take a seat as directed by the teacher.
If you have any questions about this, please reach out to your grade level administrator.
- Each student and staff member will help keep ZHS as clean as possible. Inside the classrooms, teachers will have a procedure for the beginning and end of class.
- Students will have assigned seats in each classroom and are expected to sit in their assigned seat every day.
- Students and teachers will utilize a sign in/sign out sheet when leaving or entering a classroom or area that is not covered by a seating chart.
- Multiple carts and lines will be available for student use.
- Social distancing guidelines will be followed.
- Students will be permitted to eat inside the cafeteria and in the commons. Some teachers will allow students to eat in their classrooms (utilizing the sign in sheet) and will assign seating.
- Social distancing will be encouraged while in the cafeteria, commons, and dining room areas.
School Lunch Questions?
The Free and Reduced Meal Application for the 2021-2022 school year is now available online at https://www.myschoolapps.com/Application.
If you are unsure if you qualify, you can also review the income eligibility guidelines on the Pasco County Schools website https://connectplus.pasco.k12.fl.us/do/fns/.
Pasco County Schools Covid-19 Protocols
Click here for more information on the 21-22 Pasco County Schools Covid-19 Protocols:
ZHS School Advisory Council (SAC)
What is a School Advisory Council?
- The school Advisory Council is the means for community and parent involvement in and support of the schools.
- The School Advisory Council is composed of the principal, teachers, school staff, parents, business and community representatives, and secondary students.
How can I become a SAC member?
- Elected members of the School Advisory Council include teachers, educational support personnel, parents, and secondary students.
- Members are also appointed to the council by the principal to represent business and the community.
- Students serve as SAC members for a one year term.
- A chairperson is elected annually by the SAC membership.
Any parent, community business member, teacher, or student interested in serving on our SAC committee for the 2021-2022 school year--please email Mrs. McCafferty at email@example.com for a nomination form. This is a great way to get involved and stay connected to your Bulldog family.
To complete a yearly volunteer application, please visit: http://www.pasco.k12.fl.us/comm/volunteer/
SAC Meetings are held on the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 7:45 a.m.
Scheduled dates for the 2021-2022 SAC meetings.
- October 20
- November 17
- December 15
- January 19
- February 16
- March 23
- April 20
- May 18
Thank you to Bonnie, Lee Reed Insurance, Martin Electric, Ben Hudgins Law Firm for your donations to the ZHS ABC (Assist, Believe, Care) program that directly supports ZHS students and families!
Thank you to Dave Walters and the Zephyrhills Free Press for all the great photos and positive coverage of our students' amazing accomplishments!
Thank you to Kim Poe, Sgt. Smith, and Mrs. Simons for sending in great photos of our amazing students in action!
Thank you to Steve Lee and the Zephyrhills News for supporting our programs!
The Bulldog Community is unlike any other! Your kindness and generosity is a blessing! #BulldogPRIDE