Greer Middle College Charter H.S.
Wednesday Wrap Up
- Friday is a "B" day. We will have a dress down day for students. Seniors will get the discount. Teachers may wear jeans.
- Cluster will take place at 1:50 Friday. Remember to bring your evidence supporting your student need to Cluster.
- Our TAP score for the 14-15 school year was a "4". That means our students demonstrated over a year's growth last year. Congratulations! We are working on the payout roster and timeline with SCTAP.
- Our state report card should be released this Friday. High schools will not have a "rating" until the Fall of 2017. Our scores and data are on the report--just no rating.
- Look at Megan's email about Blazer Block for Friday.
Progress reports will go out this Friday. Grades should be finalized by noon Thursday.
- GCSD has started the process of master scheduling for next year. Over the next few weeks, get with your department and brainstorm about elective courses. This is due to Vickie by Dec. 18th.
- The legislative reception was held this past Monday night for GMC, Brashier, and GTCCHS. This was a well attended event by our representatives and senators in our area. Hopefully we will be able to have some help through weightings or special funding for facilities because of momentum gained from the reception. Also, Rep. Rita Allison came to visit GMC Monday morning. Rep. Allison is chair of the SC House Education and Public Works Committee.
- Fall 4 GMC is on Saturday, November 14 starting at 9:00. Please see Heather if you would like to help before and/or after with setup. You may earn exchange hours. Also, if you or you know family members that are interested in participating in this type of event, please sign up here: http://www.go-greenevents.com/event/id/4765
- Our financial advisor is Teressa Cawley. Mrs. Cawley owns Southern Municipal Advisors. She will be working with us over the next several months to obtain funding through different types of financing. She was here Wednesday morning to initiate this process.
- Thank you to Ms. Gault and Mrs. Goebel for your service in the armed forces.
- Congratulations to Coach Smith and both cross country teams for an outstanding performance in the state meet.
- Gifted and Talented Endorsement: Here is the link for G&T endorsement courses. You will have to scroll through the courses and universities. If you are teaching an honors course, I encourage you to inquire about enrollment. The costs are very minimal. http://ed.sc.gov/scdoe/assets/File/instruction/standards/Advanced%20Programs/2015-16-Gifted-and-Talented-Endorsement-Courses-%28Sponsored%20by%20SCDE%20Grant%29-Tuition-free-for-SC-teachers.pdf If you have questions, come see me.
- James will send out the exam schedule by Friday. Except for dates, it did not change from last year.
- TI NSpire Online Workshop on Nov.17:
- Have a great rest of the week!