Chapel of the Cross Faith & Family
Family Bible time for the week of Dec. 27 - January 2
Welcome to Chapel's Faith & Family!
Jesus Is Born!
What is your favorite Christmas carol? Sing it!
The wait was over. God kept His promise! For thousands of years, God’s people had waited for the promised Savior. From God’s first promise to Adam and Eve to His covenant with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob to the new covenant He made with the exiles, God was faithful to His plan. He kept His chosen people safe in the desert, and brought them into the Promised Land. His people turned away. Still, God was faithful. Though He sent them into exile, He comforted them with His promise and brought them back again to their homeland. Hundreds of years passed. The Savior would come through this people—but Jesus would be for ALL people. Finally, the time had come. Jesus, the Savior, was born!
Heavenly Father, You sent Jesus to fulfill the promise You made to send a Savior. Help us to know and believe in Him. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.
Bible Lesson: Jesus Is Born!
- Open your family Bible or a Children's Bible storybook and read this account together OR
- Read this account using an online Bible (Biblegateway.com) Luke 2:1–20 OR
- Listen to the Bible account being read using the video below.
Talk about it
- Why did God send Jesus to be born on earth?
- Who told the shepherds Jesus was born?
- What did the shepherds do after they worshiped baby Jesus?
- Who can you tell about Jesus, our Savior?
God promised to send a Savior. Because we sin, we deserve to be punished and we are separated from God. God sent Jesus to pay the punishment for our sins, so we can one day live with Him forever in heaven!
The angels announced the good news that Jesus was born to the shepherds. After the shepherds came to see Jesus, they told everyone what they had seen and heard!
How will you share the great news that Jesus is our Savior?
For unto you is born . . . a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. Luke 2:11
Download a page of activities and crafts.
The Lord's Prayer
Dear Jesus, thank You for coming at Christmas as a humble, human baby to be our Savior and King. Help us to share that wonderful good news with everyone! In Your name we pray. Amen
Comments are recorded anonymously, and will not be seen by the public.
Bible Lesson: Concordia Publishing House
Chapel of the Cross--Lutheran
Our Core Values:
- Empowered by the cross of Christ
- People working together
- Opening the Word to all people
- Showing the love of Jesus
- Warm and supportive environment