Week of May 18th
Goooooood Morning #OneFamily!
I hope you are all well and staying safe and healthy. As always, please let us know if you or your family are in need of any support during these times. If you or our kiddos get the virus, we would love to know as well so we can reach out to you to wish you well, send a card, and try to help in anyway we can. We want to help as many as we can through these times.
I will keep my talking short for a change so you can concentrate on the important informatino below. I have detailed the ways we will be celebrating our kiddos' accomplishments below. We are doing our best to provide them closure and to also honor their hard work during these times. If there is something else you feel we could do (even a personal Google Meet with Michele or me), please let us know.
Please tell our kiddos we miss them and we cannot wait to see them soon during these great celebrations!
Important Things to Know:
- My Phone Number: If you need anything at all, please call me at 571-385-3566.
- Survey for Learning Boards: Please provide us with feedback for how your learning experience has gone so far with our learning boards. Click HERE to take a 3 minute survey.
- Class Placement Input: If you would like to provide input for next year's class placements, please click on this link: https://forms.gle/WvHKawrB1fTkHJW38 .
Conway Community Cares Race Series: Conway is going to do its very first 5K.....actually three of them! Click HERE for more information about this 3 part race series that will take place over the next three Saturday mornings. Begin the race with us virtually via Youtube live and then run your own race and then post your times via social media! We hope to see tons and tons of people come out for these great events.
End of the Year Celebrations:
- Drive Through Celebrations: We are so excited to invite you to our first ever Conway Celebration Drive Throughs. CLICK HERE to see when these are for your kiddo (different night for most grade levels) and how to participate.
- Each team will also be sending out an end of the year video to coincide with the schedule of the above drive through celebrations.
- Last Day of School (May 29th) at 4:00 PM - Join us for a HUGE end of the year school celebration on my youtube channel @ JRRaybold.
- 5th grade - We will be sending home a present to each of you from all of us and our PTA as soon as we are allowed to have you pick up your school items. These are gifts that you will not want to miss!!!!!!!!!!!
Spirit Week: Last week of school.
May 25: USA Day
May 26: Crazy Hair Day
May 27: PJ Day
May 28: Conway Team color day (from our celebrations) or Favorite Team Jersey Day
May 30: Crazy Conway Spirit Day! GOOOOO Crazy. Paint your faces, wear our colors or gear. Show everyone your love of Conway!
Great Information to Know:
- Reading and math opportunities from Conway sent with your child's report card on June 1. This will include several resources and offer many different places to access digital books.
- A design challenge weekly from Stafford County Public Schools.
- Summer Learning virtual school for students that require remediation as identified by their teacher. Those invitations will be coming home via email today.
Report Cards will come home June 1st via email. Copies can be provided upon request.
Conway's Summer Hours: We will be open all summer on a flex schedule. We will be open Monday - Friday 8:00 - 4:00. As of now, we are still working remotely. However, we anticipate being back in the building on a modified schedule early June, depending on the Governor's and Dr. Kizner's directives. Michele and I can still be reached at any time via my phone number above or my email address. We will be registering kiddos and supporting families just the same as always, all summer long.
New Family Virtual Meetings
We will offer a Q and A session with JR Raybold (Principal) and Dr. Michele Repass (Assistant Principal) for parents to ask questions about the upcoming school year. These will take place via Google Meet by clicking on this link: https://meet.google.com/suf-rgyo-gme
May 19th at 4:00 pm
May 26th at 4:00 am
May 27 at 8:00 AM
June 9th at 5:00 pm
June 25th at 8:00 am
July 13th at 5:00 pm
July 28th at 8:00 am
HELP that families may need at this time:
Updated May 11 (I will update each week).
SCPS Hot Line for Help in Pashto, Dari, and Spanish: Click here
The FredFood App has launched a Hunger Hotline for home-bound individuals without access to transportation to call and schedule a delivery of food (540) 310-975
CLICK HERE TO FIND ANY RESOURCES IN OUR AREA: https://www.auntbertha.com/
Phone lines - Family Resource Access line. Please call (571) 492-9270 to access any support in the following languages.
Social Emotional Support for families and kiddos: Click here for a new resource.
New Resources: For several languages to include Dari, English, Spanish, and Arabic. https://corenav.org/en/resources-about-covid-19/
For Refugees: https://coresourceexchange.org/
Need Help? We know these unprecedented times are going to create hardships that none of could have predicted nor could fathom. Conway and SCPS is at the ready to support you during these times. For an immediate list of resources, clickhttps://findhelp.org/. Please share this with anyone you can.
- Micah Ministries: Micah offers many different resources for families - housing, furniture, and food. They offer breakfast and dinner every day of the week at a different church downtown Fredericksburg as well as offer food pantries all around downtown. Click here for a schedule for these resources.
Fredericksburg Food Bank: They are offering food pick ups on Thursdays for any person in need of food from 11:00 - 3:00.
Food Pick-Up: With school being out and times being very very difficult for many families, SCPS is providing food to families beginning today. They will have grab and go stations for breakfast and lunch at the following schools from 11:00 - 1:00 on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Kate Waller Barrett Elementary located at 150 Duffey Drive in Stafford;
Falmouth Elementary located at 1000 Forbes Street in Falmouth;
Rocky Run Elementary located at 95 Reservoir Road in Fredericksburg; and
North Star Early Childhood Education Center located at 101 Shepherds Way
These locations are determined by the State of VA, which is why Conway is not one of them. (I wanted to be).
Grab and Go Neighborhood drop off sites are also listed on the division website at https://www.staffordschools.net/Page/29205.
- Free Internet: A few companies are offering free internet to families that are in need. You can find these resources at these two links below. Please share this with anyone that you feel may need this.
- Resources Hub for Coronavirus: Click Here for a HUB that a principal friend of mine found that has all kinds of resources for parents and teachers to access to include how to talk to kids about this, tutorials, CDC information, and much more.
- The VDOE has created a COVID-19 Parent Guide for School Aged Children and developed a comprehensive COVID-19 Resource List for parents, families and caregivers.
- Resources from Va Dept. of Education for Parents:
These will be sent to you today via your Google Classroom.
Tons of hard work and effort by teacher teams and coaches went into these to bring your kiddo a balanced learning experience - engaging, fun, rigorous but not too tough, unique, and blended with tech and real life experiences! We sure hope you enjoy.