Aruba Chatha @ Sherwood Mills Public School
May 11th, 2016 or May 12th 2016
Time of Demo:
Description of Activity
I will be giving an art lesson to the group of grade 1s. I'll be teaching the students how to make a creative umbrella and will also read a story to them related to rain as it is spring.
I have chosen this task because it demonstrates the responsibility a teacher's role in the classroom. Also, it shows an understanding of what happens at my placement and whether I enjoy it or not.
Details of the Activity:
- First, I will ask the students to sit quietly on the carpet.
- Second, I will read a story related to a rainy day in spring to the students.
- Third, I will ask the students what they enjoy doing on a rainy day.
- Next, I will show the class what they will be making (umbrella).
- Then, with the help of the students I will make the umbrella and go step by step to make sure each student follows along.
- After that, I will provide each group with the material required to make the umbrella themselves.
- Once everyone is done making their umbrellas, I will have them write three things they enjoy doing on rainy days.
- Paper plates
- Blue construction paper (for the rain drops)
- Brown construction paper (for the handles)
- Yarn (to glue the rain drops on)
- Markers/Crayons (to decorate the umbrella)
Approval: Date, Time and Activity
Yes or No