Immigrant entering the United States and Mexico
What human right is being violated?
-Photo Credit: from google
- 1.03 million illegal immigrants will eventually enroll in public institutions (state universities or community colleges) as a result of the DREAM Act.
- There were an additional 15.2 million citizens under age 35 who had completed high school, but never attended college.
- provides an opportunity for a segment of the undocumented immigrant population to remain in the country without fear of deportation, allows them to apply for work permits, and increases their opportunities for economic and social incorporation.
- Has accepted 681,189 initial DACA applications
- The total DACA eligible population is 2.1 million
- 178,00 children in DACA target population were ages 13-14 in 2012
-Photo Credit: from google
- The bill gives eligible young people who were brought to the U.S. as children an opportunity to resolve their immigration status and work towards citizenship
- Approximately 800,000 young people will benefit from The Dream Act.
- The Dream Act will provide an opportunity for people to live up to their full potential and make a greater contribution to the U.S. economy and society.
Organizations That Support This Cause
“Immigration Issues.” Illegal Immigration. N.p., n.d. Web. 1 Jun. 2015. <http://www.fairus.org/issues/illegal-immigration>
“Immigration: Five Organizations Helping Immigrants - Philadelphia Neighborhoods.” Philadelphia Neighborhoods. N.p., Jan. 2014. Web. 1 Jun. 2015. <http://philadelphianeighborhoods.com/2014/10/01/immigration-five-organizations-helping-immigrants/>
-This source is useful because it helped me realize that there's many people trying to help others. This source shows more then 3 organizations.
“Mexican Immigrants In the United States.” migrationpolicy.org. N.p., Feb. 2014. Web. 28 May 2015. <http://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/mexican-immigrants-united-states>
“U.S. Violated Rights Of Mexicans on Death Row.” U.S. Violated Rights of Mexicans on Death Row. N.p., n.d. Web. 29 May 2015. <http://www.hrw.org/news/2004/03/30/us-violated-rights-mexicans-death-row>
- This source shows that immigrants aren't being treated equal. This source helped me because I needed this information and it showed me all the bad things there is in the world.
“US/Mexico: Investigate Border Killings.” US/Mexico: Investigate Border Killings. N.p., n.d. Web. 29 May 2015. <http://www.hrw.org/news/2010/06/11/usmexico-investigate-border-killings>
-This source shows that not only the people involved are risking their lives but they also get killed by the police that are only suppose to arrest and not kill. This source helped me because it showed me the information on how the law can have things that aren't equal to humanity.
“USA: In Hostile Terrain: Human Rights Violations in Immigration Enforcement in the US Southwest.” Amnesty International USA. N.p., n.d. Web. 1 Jun. 2015. <http://www.amnestyusa.org/research/reports/usa-in-hostile-terrain-human-rights-violations-in-immigration-enforcement-in-the-us-southwest>
“Urgent Measures Required to Protect Migrants in Mexico.” FIDH. N.p., n.d. Web. 28 May 2015.<https://www.fidh.org/international-federation-for-human-rights/americas/mexico/urgent-measures-required-to>