The Superstar Special
Newsletter for the C.L. Smith Elementary Superstars
Teachers preparing before the start of school year
Making friends the first week in Kindergarten
Thanks to PTA art lessons have begun for 3rd-6th grade
From the Principal: Welcome to a New Year!
Just a few reminders for the new school year:
- Students should not be on campus before 9:15 on Mondays and 8:15 Tuesdays-Friday
- All students should wait in front of the office before school and will be escorted to the playground by the teacher on duty at 8:15 (9:15 on Mondays).
- If your student arrives after the 8:25 bell, he/she needs to stop by the office for a tardy slip before going to class.
- Remember to not leave your car unattended in the loading zone in front of the school.
Thank you for joining us a Back To School Night!
- It was wonderful to see everyone here to support their students!
Please don't hesitate to contact us should you ever have any issues or concerns. We are all here to support the success of every Superstar student on campus!
Bits and Pieces
Paid Noon Super Position Available: We have a paid noon supervisor position available starting September 21. This is a great opportunity to have fun with students and earn a bit of extra cash! The position is Monday-Friday 12:05-1:10. If you are interested, please contact the office. We can be flexible if you are only available 2 or 3 days a week.
Parenting Tip: With the start of a new routine, like a new school year, unwanted behaviors can appear as children are making the adjustment. Here are some helpful tips on Ways to Help Your Child Learn Self Control
Start Saving For College! Did you know that September is National College Savings Month? If you Take the Pledge to start saving for college now you might win a $500 ScholarsShare college savings account for your child and a $500 gift card for a C.L. Smith classroom! Simply go to collegesavingspledge.com to take the pledge and learn about how saving even $25 a month now for college can make a difference for your child!