Totem Falls Raven Review
Thursday, January 21, 2021
27: Distribution day, 1:00 - 3:00 pm and 5:00 - 6:00 pm
1: Non-Student Day
2: In-person begins - 8:35 am - 12:05 pm: 2nd grade, preschool, intensive support, extended learning classes
8: In-person begins - 8:35 am - 12:05 pm: K & 1st
10: Distribution day, 1:00 - 3:00 pm and 5:00 - 6:00 pm
12-15: Mid-Winter Break, no school
24: Distribution day, 1:00 - 3:00 pm and 5:00 - 6:00 pm
A message from Dr. Church
Dear K-2 parents,
We are working hard to prepare for the return of students. This is involving some teacher adjustments, some class placement adjustments and deepening our understanding of the safety protocols at Totem Falls. Thank you for the quick response to the survey. It has gone a long way in making this process go smoother. New class lists will be communicated sometime next week via Skyward. At this point I can’t be more specific than that. There are a few details below that are important to understand.
- Next week K-2 teachers will be cancelling their small groups and office hours in the afternoon. They will be participating in safety training and preparing for the return of their students. Mornings will continue to follow the remote schedule.
- The last day for students in their current classes will be Friday, January 29th. New classes, both remote and in person, will begin on February 2nd.
For those that have chosen in person:
- Students will still need access to technology as there will still be online time. What that exactly looks like is still being decided but small groups and office hours are definitely a part of that.
- Feb 2, 2nd graders begin coming on campus, Kindergarten and 1st will be home, online for this week.
- School time is 8:35 am – 12:05 pm, Monday through Thursday. Friday will be a limited online time with the teacher first thing in the morning and time for your student to explore what the specialists are offering.
- Drop-off and pick-up will look very different. Masks will be required by all who are on campus. Parents will be asked to stay in their car and/or across the street from the school if you walk your child to campus. Since this is new for all of us, we have a current plan however the plan could change and progress as we learn what works to keep everyone safe.
We want to celebrate the good and need your help! Encourage your student to submit a Raven Shout-Out! Your student can find the two virtual ways to submit on the counselor's canvas page.
Also, take a moment to watch what other students are submitting shout outs.
COMING SOON Another All School Read Aloud Starting in FEBRUARY!
BOOK TITLE CLUE #3 and #4...Do you have any book title guesses yet?
Our next All School Read Aloud BOOK TITLE is a secret until the end of January. THIRD & FOURTH BOOK CLUES: The story is a FANTASY and the main character is an ORPHAN; the story takes place sometimes in a CAVE and the book is about DREAMS! We will reveal another book clue next week. Stay tuned! If you already have a guess, you can post your guess using this Book Title Guess form. Book Title Guesses are DUE by Tuesday, February 2nd.
DREAM BOOKMARK CONTEST DUE NEXT WEEK!
WINNING BOOKMARKS will be photocopied and distributed to TF classmates for the All School Read Aloud in February.
FORGOT TO RETURN YOUR BOOKS….
If you FORGOT to bring back your library books, you can drop your books off ANYTIME in the bin outside of the school. Then your child can get new books at our next TF Distribution Day, JANUARY 27th.
BOOK RENEWAL & HOLDS
Students can RENEW books using DESTINY if no one else has the book on hold. If your child wants new books, they need to put their 6 NEW BOOKS on HOLD using DESTINY by SUNDAY, January 24th at midnight. NEW BOOKS will be distributed at our next TF Distribution Day, January 27th.
CHECK-OUT a LEGO ROBOTICS KIT for your student!
LEGO Education solutions are designed to build confidence in STEAM learning from pre-K through secondary education. Their hands-on tools make learning playful, engaging and relevant while developing students' ability for critical thinking, communication and 21st century skills like coding and robotics.
Have a student interested in coding, robotics or a fun engaging educational hands-on activity?
Sign your student up for a WeDo 2.0 or SpikePRIME Kit rental here! Compliments of your Totem Falls PTO.
Be sure to visit the Robotics tab on the PTO Website to download your rental application ahead of time for a seamless check-out!
PARENTS can you please help our Yearbook Team and send pictures of your kids dressed up for school events or participating in online learning to the Totem Falls Yearbook Coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Yearbook Team is looking for these types of photos. Cell phone pictures can be forwarded via email, just select "original size." Thank you for helping us get your kiddos in the yearbook!
District Laptop Phone Support
We have a dedicated phone line for student/family computer/laptop support for district-issued devices. Students and families can call 360-563-3000 for live technical support from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., Monday through Thursday and 7:30-11:30 a.m., Friday.
The Snohomish School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Civil Rights Coordinator, Title IX Coordinator and ADA, Darryl Pernat, 1601 Avenue D,, Snohomish, WA 98290, 360-563-7285 Section 504 Coordinator and Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying (HIB), Shawn Stevenson,1601 Avenue D, Snohomish, WA 98290 360-563-7314