4th Grade Newsletter
12/14 - 12/18
- Reading - We will be reviewing nonfiction text structures that we have been learning.
- Science - Water Cycle - I can describe and illustrate the continuous movement of water above and on the surface of Earth through the water cycle and explain the role of the Sun as a major source of energy in this process.
- Math - Problem Solving using Multiplication and Division
- LA/Writing- We will be having a writing benchmark this week. As well as continuing the craft of expository writing. For grammar we will be learning about apostrophes.
- Social Studies - We will be reviewing vocabulary from our unit over the Settlement in Texas. Then we will be working on our corner stone tasks!
Great Happens Here
Our students learned about computer science and had the chance to program!
Hour of Code
We had a video call with Jackson S., a GHS Computer Science III student, and he answered our questions about programming.
We learned a lot, had fun, and got our certificates!
- December 15th: Tiger U Day! Wear your college shirt!
- December 15th: McTeacher's Night - 6:00 - 8:00 pm
- December 17th: Holiday Party - 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm
- December 18th: Wear Dress Code Pajamas
- December 18th: End of Second Nine Weeks!
- December 18th: Early Dismissal - 11:45 am
- December 21 - January 4th: Winter Break
- January 5th: 3rd 9 Weeks Begin
- January 6th: Report Cards go home
- January 8th: TES Movie Night