September 11, 2017
I hope you enjoyed the weekend.
We are absolutely motoring along. I cannot believe that we are already into September and have completed Parent/Teacher Conferences. Before you know it, Fall break will be here.
Parent/Teacher Conferences were very well attended, and I had many parents compliment our staff. Thank you for working to build parent partnerships and to communicate with parents. Your efforts do not go unnoticed and will indubitably yield great gains.
As we progress through the quarter, please continue with your interventions and continue to communicate with parents.
I appreciate all that you do for our students!
- Congratulations on an awesome night of conferences.
- Congratulations to the climate committee on hosting a staff outing to the football game. It was awesome to see so many staff members.
- The ACT practice test day went very well. Thank you to all whom made it possible. It was a great experience for our kids.
PLC Leader Meeting: Monday September 18th in the Learning Commons 2:30-4:00
We would love to have more committee members to help guide the direction of our building PD and faculty meeting time. At the meeting, we discussed the plan for Faculty Meeting PD. The first part of faculty meetings will continue to be celebrations and updates on portions of the School Improvement Plan. For the second part of faculty meetings, an interest inventory will be sent out in September and then groups will be set based off of staff choice. October and November there will be time for work with the group you selected. December will be an opportunity to share with everyone what you worked on. If you have any questions please see Katie Greer.
Testing Room Information:
The testing room has moved to Room 104 this year. Please see the reminders and procedures below. The testing form is attached, or we will have extra copies in the main office. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Testing Room Usage:
- This room is to be used for students who require special testing accommodations due to IEP, 504, and special STAT accommodations.
- Please do not send students who need to make-up a test due to student absence. (Special circumstances may arise, please contact myself, Dr. Greer or Mr. Moorman for requests)
Test drop off:
- Before or After School: please put tests in the testing box in the main office. The testing box can be found on the open AA desk.
- During the Day: you can take them to room 104 and leave them with the teacher in the room
- Please fill out forms for the tests you are leaving
- If the student has an accommodation for the test being read, please send an extra copy for the test reader.
Test pick up:
- Testing Room staff can place the test in your mailbox by the end of the day
- You can pick up the test from 104
- Please note this under special instructions on the form attached
Thank you to the 20 staff members who attended last week's staff chat. It was valuable for us to check-in with you about how the beginning of the year went and how things are looking now. The next meeting of the Climate Committee will occur on September 26th. Please consider joining us.