Eagle Nation News
Access for All! Translate Button at the Top of Page
- This newsletter translates itself. Please press the translate button at the top of the page to access the information below in your language of preference.
- Este boletín se traduce solo. Presione el botón traducir en la parte superior de la página para acceder a la información a continuación en su idioma de preferencia.
- Este boletim se traduz sozinho. Pressione o botão traduzir na parte superior da página para acessar as informações abaixo no idioma de sua preferência.
- هذه النشرة الإخبارية تترجم نفسها. يرجى الضغط على زر الترجمة أعلى الصفحة للوصول إلى المعلومات أدناه باللغة التي تفضلها.
New Applications Needed for Free and Reduced Meals Needed by THIS Friday, 9/22
Benefits Only Extend for 30 days of school or Until a New Application Has Been Approved
Annually, students who qualified for the free/reduced program during the prior school year have those benefits extended for the first 30 days of school or until a new application has been approved. We are approaching the 30 day deadline which is this Friday, September 22.
Families can apply for meal benefits online at www.schoolcafe.com or stop by the Child Nutrition office located at 1303 North Elm Street from 8:00am-4:30pm. If you need a paper copy, we have them here in the office at Evers Park as well.
Girls in Aviation Free Event in Dallas on September 23rd
Adventure Dash Details
LET’S WORK TOGETHER! We learned today all about the importance of teamwork and how it helps everyone!
Tonight’s overnight challenge is if you can donate $30 you will earn the TX SNOWBALL band! The TX SNOWBALL band will let you cover the AD Coaches in Snowballs on DASH Day!
If you have not registered to receive your child’s personal donation link, please sign your child up here:
Please be sure to share this link on Social Media, via email, or via text to your family and friends near and far.
*TX Snowball Band MUST be worn on Dash Day to participate in the incentive.
#AdventureDashFunRun #ADFunRun #EversDash2023
Parents are welcome to join in the fun on Thursday!
Arrival and Dismissal Information
Keys to a Safe and Successful Drop-off and Pick-up:
- Students eating breakfast need to be at school by 7:20am and enter through the cafeteria entrance. Doors open in the front and back at 7:10am. All breakfast is free to our Evers Park Families, but you will need to fill out the Free and Reduced Lunch form for Lunches. See info above.
- At 7:40am, the Tardy Bell rings. All students should be in their seats and ready to learn by 7:40am. For those students arriving after 7:40am, parents will need to park and accompany their child inside the school. Students will receive a pass and walk to class while parents will sign them in using our computer system. Every instructional minute counts. Our mornings get started quickly with learning beginning at 7:40am, so thank you in advance for your partnership in making this happen. What systems will you need to put in place as a family to support your child being at school on time? If you need support or ideas from us, we're here to help!
- Our Parking Lot will not be available for parents to park for arrival or dismissal. The walking option is only for those who live in the adjacent neighborhoods. Please see the maps linked below for more information. Please Do NOT Park on Evers Parkway during Arrival and Dismissal.
- If your child has an afternoon appointment, they must be picked up before 2:20pm.
- Picking up your child during the day? Please make sure you have your driver's license with you. Know your child's ID#, Grade, and Teacher's Name.
- All families will be receiving a car tag number this year. We've added an extra measure of safety: Parent of K-1 Walkers will need to use their car tag number to have their student released to them.
- If you are changing how your child goes home, the teacher and the front office need to be notified before NOON.
Arrival and Dismissal Maps: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1EV4jk7lfKJZiECDAPPdOkkOTK8GRqclGrJtCQ4G9z4M/edit?usp=sharing
September 29th Early Release Information
Denton ISD will provide engagement for students on the upcoming early release day, September 29, 2023, from 12:00 pm until 3:00 pm for elementary children. The Extended School Day program will coordinate with each campus to provide engaging activities for students while teachers are participating in Professional Learning Communities. In addition, Denton ISD transportation will be provided at both the early release time (12:00pm) and the regular release time (3:00 pm) for all eligible elementary bus students. Parents must sign up each month to participate. If your student currently attends ESD, you do not need to sign up. If you have any questions regarding this, please contact the Extended School Day office at 940-369-0080. Participation in this opportunity will require completion of the form below. All forms must be submitted no later than September 24, 2023 to participate.
El Distrito Escolar Independiente de Denton brindará actividades escolares para estudiantes el día de salida temprano, 29 de septiembre de 2023 de las 12:00pm hasta las 3:00pm para niños de primaria. El programa Día Escolar Extendido se coordinará con cada campus para brindar actividades escolares para estudiantes mientras los maestros están participando en grupos de aprendizaje profesional. Además, se proporcionará transporte de Denton ISD tanto a la hora de salida temprano (12:00pm) y a la hora de salida regular (3:00pm) para todos los estudiantes de primaria elegibles para utilizar el autobús. Los padres deben inscribirse cada mes para participar. Si su estudiante atiende actualmente ESD (Día Escolar Extendido, por sus siglas en Inglés), no necesita registrarse. Si tiene alguna pregunta, favor de comunicarse con la oficina de Día Escolar Extendido al 940-369-0080. Para participar en esta oportunidad, requerirá completar el siguiente formulario. Todos los formularios deben ser enviados a más tardar el día 24 de septiembre de 2023 para participar.
Our Evers Park PTA Needs YOU!
Our Evers Park PTA is growing by leaps and bounds. When you join it makes our voice bigger and louder to the state of representatives. There are no expectations on time commitments, we just appreciate your support! However, if you're looking for a way to get plugged in as a volunteer at Evers Park, please let us know. Many hands make light work!
Please join our Evers Park PTA here: click here!
PTA Reflections Contest
The National PTA Reflections program encourages students of all ages and abilities to explore and be involved in the arts in an educational way. Through the program, National PTA, Evers Park and PTAs across the country urge students in preschool through grade 12 to create and submit original works of art in the medium of their choice— dance choreography, film production, literature, music composition, photography and visual arts — reflecting on a specific theme. There also is a special artist division option for students with disabilities to ensure that all students have the opportunity to participate in the program. Students are recognized each year for their artistic ingenuity to bring the theme to life in a way that is personal and meaningful. Entries due by October 27th.
SCHOOL MEAL ASSISTANCE + ADDING MONEY TO YOUR CHILD'S LUNCH ACCOUNT
If you would like to apply for school meal assistance (lunch/breakfast at a free or reduced price), please use the link below. You will be able to complete an application here beginning July 22nd. Please note that families must reapply each school year.
It will prompt you to sign up for a SchoolCafe account first (or sign in if you already have an account from last year), then you may click on the benefits link within. This is also the place to add funds to your child's breakfast/lunch account if they will be eating in the cafeteria this school year.
For questions, please refer to the Denton ISD Child Nutrition website below or call (940) 369-0230.
We are also needing a Part-Time Lunchroom Monitor to work daily from 10:00am - 1:15pm. Apply here: https://forms.dentonisd.org/Forms/AppHQVacancies (Child Nutrition Worker- Part-time). If you're interested, please fill out an application, and give us a call in the front office to let us know you're interested. 940-369-2600
Going to School Everyday Matters. School + YOU = Success
- Texas law requires students to be in attendance at least 90% of the time in order to receive credit for the semester.
- 90% means a student cannot miss more than 8 days in a semester for a class that meets every day.
- Attendance can be a better predictor of whether students will graduate from high school than test scores.
- Students in kindergarten and 1st grade who are chronically absent will not likely read at grade level by the 3rd grade.
- Parents/guardians can check their student’s attendance through the Home Access Center (HAC).
- If your child is absent, an electronic absence note must be completed. Parent notes must be uploaded within 3 days of the student's return. After 10 parent absence notes (10 days absent = 10 parent notes), students will be required to have a doctor's note. https://forms.dentonisd.org/Forms/absence-note
- District Attendance Website: https://forms.dentonisd.org/Forms/absence-note
Important Dates to Remember
Monday, September 4th
- Labor Day ~ No School
Thursday, September 5th - 8th
- Grandparents are welcome to join their grandchildren for lunch one day this week
Friday, September 9th
- Evers Park/ Denton High Zone Spirit Day - wear your Evers Park or Denton High t-shirts
Monday, September 11th
- Texas First Responders' Day & Patriot Day. Wear Red, White, and Blue!
- Parents and Principals Coffee Talk @ 8:30 - 9:00am in the Learning Commons; watch for RSVP next week, so we can have your visitor's tag ready to go!
- Evers Park 1st PTA Meeting of the year @ 5:30pm: Meet and Greet the PTA Board, Volunteer Information, and Parent Family Engagement Plan and Campus Improvement Plan shared
- Denton High Homecoming game at 7pm: Wear Denton High gear or purple to support our Broncos
- International Dot Day
Monday, September18th - Friday, September 22nd
- Celebrate Freedom Week - Wear Red, White, and Blue to school each day
- College T-Shirt Day
- PTA Fundraiser: Adventure Dash Fun Run
- Half-Day for Students: Dismissal at Noon; Teachers work in Professional Learning Communities
Save the Date...Looking to October
Thursday, October 5th
- Evers Park Picture Day
Friday, October 6th
- End of the First Quarter Grading Period
- School Holiday
- Half-Day for Students: Dismissal at Noon; Teachers work in Professional Learning Communities
Friday, October 27th
- Book Character Parade: 9:45 - 10:15am
- PTA + STEAM Night with Trunk or Treat and Book Fair + Science Fair: 5:30 - 7:30pm