The World of Geometry
Getting to learn more about Geometry!
Types of Triangles
There are 6 types of TRIANGLES! Let me show you.
I'm an ACUTE triangle
I have 3 ACUTE angles.
I'm a RIGHT triangle
I have 1 RIGHT angle and 2 ACUTE angles.
I'm an OBTUSE triangle
I have 1 OBTUSE angle and 2 ACUTE angles.
I'm a SCALENE triangle
I have 0 CONGRUENT sides and 0 CONGRUENT angles.
I'm an ISOSCELES triangle
I have 2 CONGRUENT sides and 2 CONGRUENT angles.
I'm an EQUILATERAL triangle
I have 3 CONGRUENT sides and angles.
The Case of the MISSING angles
- ALL the angles of a quadrilateral = 360 degrees
- ALL the angles of a triangle = 180 degrees
Want to find the MISSING angles?
You're the detective. Watch this video and it'll lead you to the Missing Angles.
Welcome to Vocabulary Mania!
Ready to learn more?
- Congruent- SAME shape, SAME size, SAME EVERYTHING!
- Quadrilateral- A 4-sided polygon
- Polygon- closed shape
- Angle- a formation of two rays combined with a vertex
- Vertex- An endpoint