January 31, 2021
Families, We are asking everyone to take a moment to check-in with us. Your responses will go directly to our school counselors who are ready to support our families. Thank you.
We hope everyone is well & enjoying the snow today! Our Grange Hall team is excited to greet students face-to-face & virtually on February 1. We are asking all parents to please remind your children of the safety protocols (mask-wearing, hand-washing, and social-distancing) and to pack their Chromebooks & chargers daily.
GHES Parent Return to Learn Info can be found HERE.
Parent Pick-Up Reminders:
- If you have not picked up your student’s car loop tag, you will need to report to the main office prior to entering the car pick-up line (see map pictured below).
- Please hold the car loop tag on your driver’s side window/dashboard as you proceed through the line.
- Patience is key this first week. We will all be getting into a new routine (staff, students, families).
The department of transportation is still working on transportation routes. Due to the shortage of drivers and bringing twice the number of students back, we will not follow entire routes as done previously. The buses will only travel to students that have noted the transportation mode and any changes can take up to a week - more information can be found HERE.
Please go to the Versatrans Link for specific information for your child's pick up and drop off times. Make sure to check on January 31st because last time there were changes right before school started.
Changes to Transportation:
Parents must send a written note in with their child notifying GHES of any changes (Ex. bus rider will be parent pick-up or vice-versa). In the event of an emergency, parents should contact the main office prior to 2:30 pm to report any changes in their child's transportation.
Thank you to all of our GHES families for your continued support and encouragement!
Mrs. Jones & Mrs. Tracz
Black History Month
- African American History Video Series - WHRO created this video series in partnership with the Virginia Department of Education. These videos are part of the African American History online course content.
- Virginia Tourism Black History Events and Tours: Celebrate Black History in Virginia with special events, guided tours, live musical and dramatic performances, lectures and films. Discover more about Black history attractions, African-American history in Virginia, famous Virginians, and the Civil Rights History of Virginia.
- The Mariner's Museum Black History Month Series: The Mariners’ Museum and Park and its Interpretation Department present a variety of virtual programs recognizing the rich history and culture of Black people, Africans, and African Americans who helped to shape the world!
February 2021 - Black History Month
Feb. 1 - Writing Contest Deadline
Feb. 3 - World Read Aloud Day - GHES will celebrate our LOVE 4 Literacy!
Feb. 1 - 5 - National School Counselor Appreciation Week
Feb. 4 - BBMS Virtual "Very Informed Bear" night - 6:30 pm - Rising 6th grade students
This section is a repeat of important information that has already been shared!
- VIRTUAL: Students that will remain virtual for the remainder of the year: please pick up supplies for your child at GHES. All materials will be labeled by grade levels and located outside the main doors of Grange Hall.
- IN-PERSON: Students that will be coming to school in person should all bring their Chromebooks and chargers on February 1st. Please also have your child bring the supplies communicated by their teacher.
BBMS: Attention rising 6th grade Bailey Bridge Middle School students and parents - Bailey Bridge Middle School will host a Virtual "VIB" Very Informed Bear Night on Thursday, February 4 at 6:30 p.m. Students and parents will learn about class and elective options, the scheduling process, Summit Learning, and transition to middle school. This year, VIB Night will be held virtually and the link will be shared prior to the event. We hope that rising 6th graders and parents will be able to attend!
K - 1 referrals are due by March 15th. Parents/guardians may submit an online referral form before the deadlines by visiting:
Family & Community Engagement - CCPS
Virtual Program - An evening with Jason Reynolds and Dr. Ibram X. Kendi
Date: Wednesday, February 17, 2021
Time: 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Here is the link to register. Registration is open!
CCPS Meal Distribution
Chesterfield County Public Schools’ Food and Nutrition Services has updated the meals distribution schedule for the month of January in order to best serve families while students are away from school in an all-virtual learning environment. January curbside meals service distribution updates include:
Week of Jan. 11, curbside meals distribution will be on Tuesday and Thursday only.
Week of Jan. 18, curbside meals distribution will be on Tuesday and Thursday only.
Week of Jan. 25, curbside meals distribution will be on Tuesday and Thursday only.
Beginning on Monday, Feb. 1, curbside pickup for FREE meals for children ages 18 and under will return to service on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays only. All pickup locations and times will remain the same.
Visit bit.ly/CCPSMealsUpdates for more information or to see a current list of available curbside pickup locations. Want an easy to read, easy to print schedule? Here is a January Meals Distribution Calendar for you to download and print.
GHES Counselor Corner
Below is a comprehensive list of resources for parents and guardians. If you are looking for resources that are not included below or if you have questions about any of the resources listed, please contact the GHES School Counseling Department at (804)739-6265 ext. 4230.
Resources for Tough Conversations with Kids
Military Family Resources
Talking about Race with Kids
January 2021 - PTA Updates
Here is the link to order a yearbook:
PTA Membership Drive is going on all school year! Please go to www.ghpta.com to sign up!
Do you own a business? The PTA is compiling a list of Grange Hall family businesses so we can put it out to all our members. We all want to support small businesses these days and no better business to support than a Bulldog's business! Fill out this form here: https://form.jotform.com/202718232476051
Email any questions about this to email@example.com
Teacher & Staff Favorites
Want to send your teachers and staff members something to make them smile? Take a look at the teacher & staff favorite things via this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Y7RaQBAicRF8tIQ61aMf5QnZql0dhf_knAjDQgV1hF8/edit#gid=0