Primary School - January Edition
Chair - WAPS PC
Vice Chair - WAPS PC
Sec. / Treas. - WAPS PC
HAPPY NEW YEAR AND WELCOME BACK!
Happy New Year and Welcome Back Parents! With the arrival of the new year, many of us take the opportunity to reflect on the successes as well as the challenges of the past year. It's understandable that we sometimes focus on the "should haves" and "could haves," but let's not forget to account for all the achievements, no matter how small.
The Character Word for this month is RESPECT. This word on face value seems pretty straight forward: respect your elders; respect your leaders; respect your teachers; respect each other. However, just as with all our previous character words, the challenges are in the details. It's easy to teach our children to say "thank you" and "please." However, it's a completely different lesson to adhere to when they are embarrassed, ashamed, or conflicted.
As always, if you have any thoughts or concerns, just reach out to us at WAPSparentcommunity@gmail.com.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!!
- January 18: Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday (school closed)
- Tuesday, January 26 - Otis Lennon practice test for Kindergarten & 2nd Grade only
- February 3: 1st/2nd Grade sponsored Teacher Appreciation Event
- Friday, February 12 - Valentine's Parties Pre-K through 3rd Grade: 12:45-1:45 p.m.
WE NEED MORE BOX TOPS!!
Box Tops Feature Products of the Month Include:
- Betty Crocker™ Cookie Mix
- Nature Valley™ Soft baked Oatmeal Squares
- Betty Crocker™ Fruit Snacks
- Yoplait® Go-Gurt® Yogurt Smoothie Flavors
- Nature Valley™ Crunchy
- Green Giant™ Fresh Romaine Hearts