3B and 3D News
March 31st - April 4th
This week in math we will be working on prime and composite figures.
We will also be studying measurement. Learners will discuss standard units of measurement like feet, inches, yards and miles. Students will participate in a measurement Olympics where they will do various activities to put their measurement skills to the test!
Homework is in the folders this week. Please remind your student to complete the entire sheet and return it Friday. We have had several students not completing/turning it in. I am available throughout the week to help if needed.
English Language Arts
For reading, learners will continue with their book clubs! Have you asked your kiddo about these? Each child chose a book and was put into groups with other kids who chose that book. They read a chapter individually and then write a summary, thoughts and questions, and vocabulary words from that chapter. After that, they meet as a group and discuss the chapter.
This week, we will also participate in Daily 5 to practice our skills.
- We had such a great time with High Tech High Touch last week and the Boosterthon Fun Run! Good job 3B and 3D! And thank you to all parents who helped out with these events!
- Have you checked out www.dovewhisper.com? Click on "Computer Center" at the top. And then click on your child's grade level. (You could also go above or below if needed). Now, select the subject/topic for your child to practice. There are TONS of awesome learning games!
Mark Your Calendar
- 3/28 Picture money was due. Please return ASAP. Thanks.
- 4/3 Boosterthon pledges are due.
- 4/4 Report cards go home
- 4/4 Family Movie Night at 6:45pm
- 4/22 Math STAAR
- 4/23 Reading STAAR
- 4/23 Reading tutoring cancelled
- 4/30 Last day of reading tutoring with Mrs. Munoz
Please pick between these resources and complete 3-4 nights a week for practice at home. From our experience, we feel that 30 minutes is an appropriate amount of time for "home fun". Thank you for supporting us with this!
Weekly Math Sheet (due on Fridays)
Mobymax: (Fact Master + Math Lesson)
Think Through Math
Mobymax: (Language, Vocabulary, Reading)
Read books at home