SD ECLC 4/9/2021
This letter is to inform you that 1 individual associated with SD ECLC has
tested positive for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). The District is coordinating closely with public health officials and following CDC, state, and local health department guidance in order to assure the health and safety of our community.
Contact tracing has been completed and there is no need to quarantine additional individuals.
We understand the level of concern regarding COVID-19. We encourage parents and students to continue following the Centers for Disease Control prevention promoted safeguards, such as:
● Staying home when you are sick;
● Washing hands often with soap for at least 20 seconds;
● Covering coughs and sneezes and properly disposing of tissues;
● Limiting close contact with people who are sick and not sharing food, drinks and utensils;
● Practicing social distancing (staying at least 6 feet apart);
● Wearing a face covering while in school;
● Continuing to monitor your health for symptoms.
During this health emergency, you are encouraged to observe your child for any signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and contact your child’s physician and the school nurse if any are noted. Also, please notify the school nurse if your child tests positive for COVID-19. If you have specific concerns or questions about your child’s health, contact your healthcare provider. Below is information from the CDC and additional resources.
Below are some helpful resources:
1. NJDOH COVID-19 Information for Communities and the General Public:
2. Get the Facts about Coronavirus: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
3. Symptoms of COVID-19: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-
5. How to Protect Yourself: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-
6. What to Do if You Are Sick: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/steps-