The Mustang Messenger
Week 16 November 29- December 3, 2021
A MESSAGE FROM YOUR PRINCIPAL
Hello Mustang Parents,
It is my hope that you enjoyed your Thanksgiving and that are students were able to relax, refresh and gear up for the last 3 weeks of the semester.
A HUGE thank you to you all and our PTO for providing Thanksgiving Lunch. The food was catered by Fleur de Licious and it was a hit! I have included a few pictures from our happy teachers and staff below.
Fleur Delicious Catering
DEADLINE TO RETURN SCHOOL DEVICES-FRIDAY DECEMBER 3RD
If you received a message on Thursday, November 18, 2021, via Blackboard concerning the return of a district issued Lending Library Device (LLD), we have no record of the device(s) being returned or written notification from you stating it is lost. You still have time to return the device to our campus where we will provide you with an electronic receipt via email. Please return the device to our campus on any school day between the hours of 8:15-4:15 pm, or contact Mrs. Lita Skinner, Assistant Principal.
Please return the device to avoid your child(ren) being placed on a fees and fines list on Friday, December 3, 2021. Students on this list will not be able to participate in fieldtrips and events such as school dances, prom, etc. We really need your help with returning the devices so you are not invoiced for the cost and your child is able to participate in scheduled activities. More importantly, we need the device to assist students who have experienced significant learning loss.
Thanks for your attention to this matter.
Hello Mustangs and Parents,
Can you believe it is already December! The year 2021 and our fall semester are coming to an end. We want to encourage you to continue to use our website as there is helpful information posted often. This month we look forward to focusing on "SERVICE".
December's character trait is "SERVICE".
LENDING A HAND TO HELP SOMEONE ELSE
10 Mindful Tips for Parents as we enter the holiday season!
- Eating dinner together as a family
- Do 'feelings' check-ins with kids and SELF
- Put your phone down for 45 minutes and engage with your children
- Play a card or board game together
- Do a puzzle together or go for a walk after dinner
- Try something your child likes for 10 minutes before bed
- Have your child to help you cook a meal
- Listen to their favorite song
- Share one thing you are thankful for each day
- Have your child read out loud to you for 20 minutes each day
Enjoy your holiday break!
- Academy/P-TECH/Early College Applications (8th grade only; must apply online)-November 1-30, 2021
Final Exam and Last Week of Semester Early Release Schedule
We would love to have all of our parents join the PTA. The primary goal of LOMS PTA is to link families and the community with the school to support our children’s educational endeavors and advancements. Whether it’s volunteering just a few hours per month or during the week; with your support this year will be better than ever!
1. Please click the link below to print and complete the membership form. Drop the form off in the front office or have your child do so. Membership Form
2. Pay your membership fee ($10) using the paypal link or cash app.
- $LOMSpta (for cash app)
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Athletic Ticketing Sales
Please check out the latest information on how to attend FBISD Athletic events.
Click the picture for more information on purchasing tickets to varsity football games, events at district stadiums, and high school campuses information.
MIDDLE SCHOOL CAMPUSES
• All tickets must be purchased online.
• Ticket prices are $2.
• There will be no cash transactions
at the gate.
• A public link will be provided
through the FBISD Athletic website
and gofan.com the day before the