Term 4 Week 1 Monday 9th October 2023
Kia ora whanau
I hope you enjoyed your holiday break and that you spent some time enjoying the spring weather.
I would like to welcome Delilah who started today and her sister Gabrielle who will start later this week. You might have spotted a photo of Delilah on our Facebook page already.
We also welcome back Anna Boaz after her trip to Fiji last term. The students in her class have enjoyed hearing about her adventures and tasting some of the food she bought back.
I heard lots of stories about students' holidays today especially how Ag day animals are going. We are very much looking forward to Ag Day on Saturday and seeing all the hard work students and families have put into their animals and classroom work. Don’t forget that it is also Election Day on Saturday. We are lucky to have the voting centre here in the school library.
Over the break we have completed our clear light replacement of the covered area, new paint scheme on rooms 1, 2 and the whanau room and the first half of the new canopy area outside rooms 1 and 2. The new deck and sidings for this area will be completed over the Christmas break.
Lastly, our main topic studies this term are focused around, Ag Day, the Life Ed program and an opportunity for classes to engage in a “passion project” where classrooms get to choose something topical or of interest to study.
Nga mihi nui,
Yaron Overeem, Principal
Please ensure your child brings a hat to school every day. It is our policy that children wear hats while outdoors during Term 4 and Term 1.
Ag Day Saturday 14th October 2023
To view our Ag Day information website you can click the link below. www.sites.google.com/kokopu.school.nz/agday
If you would like to get involved in helping with Ag Day, please let us know.
We have all our animals, chickens, goats, lambs and calves registered now, so good luck with them. Our NAIT number for calves is 12860890.
The children will be doing their craft activities on Friday 13th October here at school. See the attached notice below. If you would like to order a $10 bunch of flowers from Bethany Gardens at the top of Kara Road, please message them on their Facebook page to place your order.
Lamb and Goat Daycare
Lamb and goat day-care at school is now closed.
We are pleased to announce that our Kōkopu Cookbook will be on sale on Ag Day and then from the office afterwards. The book is full of fantastic recipes and ideas.
It would make an awesome Christmas gift for friends and family.
The cookbook will cost $25 cash preferred on Ag day.
A big thanks to all our families and community members that contributed to the book and especially to Lindsey and the student council for organising this.
Madagascar - A Kokopu School Production
We had so many wonderful comments about our production, Madagascar. The costumes were amazing and the children's acting was superb! Click the link below to see the video.
Teacher Only Day Term 4
Please note Friday 17th November is a Teacher Only Day.
Term 4 Begins 9 October 2023
- 9 October - Tech for Year 7 & 8 Monday all term
- 10 October - Playgroup every Tuesday all term
- 13 October - Flower Craft day preparations for Ag Day
- 14 October - Ag Day and Elections
- 16 October - BOT Meeting TBC
- 19 October - Vison and Hearing testing
- 23 October - Labour Day
- 26 October - Tech catch up day for Year 7 & 8
- 2 November - Central Calf Club Day
- 10 November - Kokopu Athletics Competition
- 15 November - Poroti Athletics Competition
- 17 November - Teacher Only Day
- 22 November - Year 7 & 8 WPSSA Athletics Championship
- 24 November - PTA Quiz Night
- 27 November - BOT Meeting
- 27 - 29 November - Life Education
- 29 November - 1 December - Room 4 Camp to Russell
- 29 November - Year 5 & 6 WPSSA Athletics Championship
- 4 December - Ear Clinic
- 7 & 8 December - Room 1 & 2 Camp
- 11 December - Prize Giving
- 15 December - Last Day
Monday Tech Year 7 and 8. Technology classes at Manaia View School so please ensure your child is at school by 9am to catch the bus into Manaia View School. Thank you.
Friday Assembly. On Friday afternoon we have a sharing assembly at 2.30pm for the whole school. Parents are welcome to come along and see what the children have to share.
School Office. Vicki is in the office on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. Bexs is in the office on Wednesday and Friday mornings until 11.35am. Vicki will be away from Thursday 12th October until Tuesday 24th October. Bexs will be covering for her.
Drink Bottles. Our water issues have be rectified but it would be good to send your child with a drink bottle full of water each day.
Carpark and gate. Please come to the gate in the carpark to collect your children at the end of the day. We do not want children walking through the carpark without an adult as it is unsafe with the amount of cars and limited parking. We have a teacher on duty at the gate each day to supervise. Can we ask parents and visitors to make sure they close the gates if you use them? We have a few children that may be prone to walking out an open gate. Thank you. Please don't park by the entrance gate or teachers carpark area. Also please avoid parking by the letterbox at the front of the school.
- Absences. A reminder that it is important to contact the school before 9.30am when your child will be absent. You can either phone, email or let us know via our Skool Loop app. We need to know where your children are so we know they are safe and can mark them correctly on the roll. See details in this newsletter on how to download our Skool Loop App.
- Iceblock Sales. Ice Blocks are for sale again to raise funds for the school. Many children who come to school with $2 like to buy their friend an ice block. Please could you send a note to say they are allowed to do this? The Room 6 children do ask but a note would be easier for them.
- Term Dates 2023. Term 1 .. 02/02— 06/04 Term 2 .. 24/04— 30/06 Term 3 .. 17/07— 22/09 .. Term 4 09/10— 15/12
Sushi is available to order on Thursday again.
School Policies and Procedures Schooldocs
Northland Football Club
Once again Northland Football club will be running the free fantails programs for girls during term 4. Please pass onto anyone who might be interested. Use this link to register.
Schedule as below
Monday Kerikeri 4-5pm
Tuesday Bream Bay 4-5pm
Wednesday Onerahi 4:15 -5:15
Thursday Morningside 4-5pm
Thursday Kensington 4-5pm