FAC Weekly Update
January 10, 2020
Good afternoon, Fine Arts Center Family
Happy New Year! I hope that you and yours had a wonderful Holiday Break. We are back in action at the FAC, as this week marks the beginning of the audition process for our prospective students. Keep in mind that only new students need to audition at the FAC - if your child is a returning student and he/she mistakenly received an email, please disregard. Any questions, please reach out to your child's instructor.
Here is the latest from the halls of the Fine Arts Center...
This Week's Student Leadership Lesson
"You have a choice…you can complain about things you can’t control, or you can control what you can control and let go of what you can’t. You can focus on your problems or focus on getting better. You can look for an excuse or you can look within and find your best.”
- Jon Gordon and Daniel Decker, STAY POSITIVE, page 13
Don't Miss the FAC SnowBall!
The FAC Dance Committee would like to extend an invitation to our students to attend the SnowBall! This first-annual dance will be taking place on Saturday, January 25, from 7-9 pm, and will only cost 10 dollars to attend! The dress code is anything from casual to formal, whatever floats your boat! No permission slip is required for the dance. There will be food, friends, and a LOT of fun. Keep an eye on your email for a Google Form where you can nominate one of your friends for the Snow Court--you can nominate a boy or a girl for the position!
Please keep in mind that this event is for FAC students ONLY. We can’t wait to see you there!
Jazz Concert Recordings
From the FAC pARTners
Event Ticketing Help
Please take a moment to help us with the ticketing process at one of our performances. The FAC pARTners have created a sign-up genius where you can select an event that works with your schedule - https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090e45ada82daafc1-2020. We greatly appreciate the donation of your time and energy to this vital process!
Two Concert Opportunities for FAC Students and Families
- The Branford Marsalis Quartet on Wednesday, January 15 at 7:00 p.m. Don't miss this amazing opportunity to hear one of the finest jazz quartets on the international jazz scene!
- The Wroclaw Philharmonic on Sunday, January 19 at 3 PM. Tickets are only $15 to see the orchestra, featuring six-time GRAMMY® Award-winning conductor and Music Director, Giancarlo Guerrero. Don't miss this opportunity!
Please spread the word to your Greenville friends and family about our concerts, events, and performances!
- January 15: Jazz Masterclass with Branford Marsalis @ Peace Center, 4-6 p.m.
- January 23: Chamber Strings Concert, 7:00 p.m., Sutherlin Recital Hall
- January 24: Report Cards go home
- January 25: Snow Ball (Winter Dance), 7:00-9:00 p.m., FAC Students Only