The Lion's Roar
A Message from Mr. Williams
August 20, 2020
Good afternoon parents of Oak Hills JH Lions!
Please click on the link below and fill out our campus survey as we plan for students to return to campus on August 31st (our 6th graders) and September 8th (our 7th and 8th graders).
You will be selecting "traditional/in-person" instruction or "remote" instruction. Please take the time to complete the survey so that we have the best data moving forward. I have left a few reminders of what "traditional" and "remote" learning looks like.
Thank you for your continued support of our staff, our students, and our district!
- Attend class in person, five days a week
- Mask will be required for all staff and students per the Governor's Order
- Parents may elect to change from Traditional/In-Person to Remote Learning at the end of a grading period.
- A minimum of 4 hours of daily school work at home
- Access to high speed internet and a computer or laptop
- Daily participation and attendance will be required and taken
- Parents may elect to change from Remote Learning to Traditional/In-Person at the end of a grading period.
- Almost identical to what we are currently experiencing
Don't forget to go back up and click on the survey if you haven't already!
Principal, Oak Hills JH
Important Daily Attendance Information
It is important to follow the Gold Day/Navy Day schedule!
Students should log in, attend zoom lessons, and do the attendance ticket for periods 1,3,5,&7 on GOLD Days and 2,4,6,&8 on NAVY Days. Students can do work for any/all classes, but for attendance purposes, they must do the classes assigned to that specific day.
Class Period Live Video Times:
1st and 2nd periods go live at 7:30 each morning
3rd and 4th periods go live at 9:30 each morning
5th and 6th periods go live at 11:00 each morning
7th and 8th periods go live at 1:30 each afternoon
Students unable to attend a live lesson are expected to log in, check in with their Google Class, access video lessons, and complete the necessary assignments later in that same day to be counted as 'Present'.
As always, do not hesitate to reach out to your child's teacher with any questions or concerns.